The Taiwanese brand Asus is known for its gaming computers and smartphones in the market along with standard smartphones, laptops, motherboards, graphics cards, and other peripherals. 2018 was the year when Asus has announced its first-ever Android gaming smartphone with flagship hardware, optimized gaming UI, and some other great exclusive features. Then the Asus ROG Phone 2 (ZS660KL) was released in September 2019 with more powerful hardware, touch response/refresh rate, better cameras, dedicated controller ports, a giant battery, etc. While the device runs on Android 9.0 Pie out of the box. Now, the Asus ROG Phone 2 gets an official Android 10 update that you can download and install manually from this article.
Previously, all the interested Asus ROG Phone 2 users have taken part in the Android 10 beta program and the company has provided up to Beta 9 version to push the final stable Android 10 update recently. The update is rolling out in a phased process that can take some time to arrive on all the handsets completely. Keep in mind that sometimes the incremental roll-out process may take a longer time than expected. So, make sure to check the software update manually via Settings – General – About Phone – Update Center – System update – Check for update.
The new software version brings a build number 17.0210.2001.60 that includes system update support via Google Play, support for AuraSync lighting profiles, remove Go2Pay, dark them, gestures navigation, add settings to change the Power key menu, advanced brightness settings in quick settings, and more. Let’s take a quick look at the update changelog below.
Asus ROG Phone 2 Android 10 FOTA Update Changelog
– Upgrade the system to Android 10.
– Support for system updates via Google Play.
– Remove Go2Pay and tagging function in the library
– Support for AuraSync lighting profiles when attaching Lighting Armor Case
– Add advanced brightness settings to QuickSetting.
– Emergency calls are applied to some areas. Remove some related settings from Armory Crate
– Add settings to change the Power key Menu.
– Add gesture navigation master, full screen.
– Support Android 10 Dark Theme.
– Add “Recommended action” in advanced notification settings.
– Do not pin notifications when turning on System Light while playing music.
– Change Wifi icon design.
– Some 3rd party applications may not be compatible with Android 10.
– “Gestures on dark screen” will turn off after upgrading the system.
As mentioned, you can download the firmware zip file from the link below and install it manually on your Asus ROG Phone 2 easily.
- Device: Asus ROG Phone 2 (ZS660KL)
- Firmware Version: 17.0210.2001.60
- Android: 10
- Channel: Global Stable
- Type: Recovery
- Download: Link
Check out the disclaimer and requisites at first and then proceed to the firmware installation steps.
We at rootmygalaxy.net will not be responsible for any damage that might occur to your device in case something goes wrong. So, proceed at your own risk. Make sure you are following the guide properly and take a full data backup first.
- This process may wipe your data. So, take a full backup of data.
- Make sure that the battery has at least a 60% charge to prevent accidental shut down.
- You will need a PC or Laptop and a USB data cable.
#1 Method 1
Step 1. Download the firmware zip file.
Step 2. Transfer the file to your device’s internal memory via USB cable.
Step 3. Now disconnect your device from PC and restart the smartphone
Step 4. Once it reboots, you will see a popup in the notification “System update file detected”, just tap on that
Step 5. Now, wait for the installation to complete. Once the installation is done, your device will automatically reboot to the latest firmware.
#2 Method 2
Step 1. Enable USB Debugging mode from Settings> Developer Options. To enable Developer Options, you have to go to Settings> About Phone and tap on the Build Number 7 times continuously.
Step 2. Download ADB and Fastboot driver for your Windows or Download ADB and Fastboot driver for your Mac and install it.
Step 3. Download the Full firmware file and copy it to the ADB folder.
Step 4. Turn off your phone and boot into recovery mode
Step 5. Choose the option “Apply update from ADB’ and connect your device to your computer.
Step 6. Go inside the ADB folder on your computer, press shift and right-click to open the command prompt. Type the following command –
This should list your device and ensure it is connected.
Step 7. Type the following to flash the OREO firmware –
adb sideload update.zip
Wait for the process to complete and then disconnect and reboot your device. That’s it.
Source: Asus Zentalk