This article will Guide you on How to Download & Install CM 13 ROM On Xiaomi Redmi 2.Now all Redmi 2 users can easily download and flash the latest unofficial CyanogenMod 13 ROM on their devices to test android 6.0 Marshmallow.
Redmi 2 is the latest budget phone from Xiaomi.There is no official confirmation whether it is going to get the official Marshmallow 6.0 update or not.But remember if it is going to get the official update then the update will be MIUI skinned which is not close to stock android.If you want to get the vanilla android look on your device then you have to flash custom ROMs on your Xiaomi Redmi 2.
But there is a good new for all Redmi 2 users.There is an unofficial CM 13 ROM available for Redmi 2.The ROM is not developed by Team CM, but it is based on CyanogenMod 13 Source Code released by Team CM months ago.The ROM is functional but there are few bugs present.This is the first release of the ROM.We are sure in future updates, everything will be fixed and then you can use this as your daily driver.But for now only if you want to try Marshmallow you can Flash the ROM. Below I share some bugs list.
Xiaomi Redmi 2 Related Guide :
—VOLUP+VOLDOWN to boot into recovery
– YAS537 Compass Sensor is not working
– GPS not working properly
– FM Radio not patched to work on marshmallow
– Pictures cannot be taken but video recordings possible
→ Safely Install CM 13 ROM On Xiaomi Redmi 2
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Xiaomi Redmi 2 while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
- Only for Xiaomi Redmi 2
- Don’t try this on Other Redmi Devices
- Custom recovery (I recommend TWRP).
- Make sure you have a custom recovery (TWRP/CWM) Install On your Device.If you don’t have TWRP recovery On your phone then follow this guide to install TWRP–>>How to Install TWRP Recovery via Fastboot On Any Android Device
- Now from TWRP Recovery Take a full backup of your current ROM and files.
If you want to try this ROM then Follow the guide below on How to safely Download & Flash CM 13 ROM On Xiaomi Redmi 2 Android Marshmallow 6.0
Download Redmi 2 CM13 ROM
└ Download the latest build.
How to Flash CM 13 ROM On Xiaomi Redmi 2
Step By Step Guide
- First download CM 13 and Gapps files from the download section above.Then transfer them to internal memory of your device
- Then boot your device into recovery
- Then take a backup of you current ROM
- Ater that do a factory reset
- Then Flash the CM 13 and Gapps on you Redmi 2 for help, follow our detailed step-by-step guide to install CM13 at the link below:
Done!!! Your Redmi 2 would be running CM 13.