The 2018’s Poco F1 was one of the best in class affordable flagship killer devices at that time. Last month, Poco F1 has received the V126.96.36.199.QEJMIXM update over Android 10. Now, there is good news for all the Poco F1 users and especially those who’re a fan of MIUI skin.
Recently, Xiaomi has released the all-new MIUI 12 beta update for a couple of device models in China-specific. However, the interested Xiaomi Poco F1 users can manually flash the Chinese firmware update which is a very good thing. So, if you’ve eagerly waited for this time, then don’t miss it out. Here we’ve provided the steps to download and install MIUI 12 ROM on Xiaomi Poco F1 easily.
Special credit to the Pocoports for making the first-even unofficial MIUI 12 ported ROM for Poco F1. This is the MIUI 12 port of Mi 8 (official) and the best part is that you can install it on your Poco F1 as well. As of now, most of the useful features like Bluetooth, Camera, Wifi, Audio, Video, Calling, notch cutout, OK Google, Hotspot, etc are working fine. If there is any bug or error, you can report it to the developers. Now, check out the MIUI 12 ROM Features below.
MIUI 12 20.4.7 Beta Changelog:
- MIUI 12. Yours alone.
- System animations
- New: All-new physically-based animation engine with advanced architecture will refresh your device’s look.
- New: Dynamic window technology takes switching screen orientation to a new level.
- System visuals
- Brand new visual design works for all types of content and languages.
- Magazine-level layouts bring important things into the spotlight and make the content structure clear.
- Privacy protection
- New: MIUI 12 is the first Android-based mobile OS that went through the rigorous enhanced privacy protection testing.
- New: Reset your device ID and control how it’s used based on virtual ID technology.
- New: Grant permissions that will be used only while you’re using an app.
- New: You can also grant permissions just once, and decide again next time a permission is required.
- New: Restrict access to telephony to third party apps.
- New: Return blank messages to the apps that require personal information.
- New: Receive notifications whenever apps record audio, use camera, or access your location.
- New: Use secure sharing to control what additional data is sent along with shared items.
- New: Get comprehensive stats on how apps use permissions in app behavior history.
- New: Visit privacy.miui.com to learn how MIUI protects your privacy.
- Optimization: Apps aren’t allowed to launch other apps in the background now.
- AI Call Assistant
- New: Mi AI can answer your calls now!
- New: You can record a customized greeting that will be played to the other person during AI calls.
- New: Customized greetings are also supported for outgoing calls.
- Xiaomi Health
- New: All-new Xiaomi Health gives you more options and makes your health stats more accurate.
- New: Put your device next to you before falling asleep to analyze your sleep cycle and record talking and snoring.
- New: You can sync data with supported wearable and smart home devices.
- New: Xiaomi Health can remind you to stand up and move when it detects that you’ve been sitting down for too long.
- New: The app also analyzes your stats and gives you simple health advice.
- Control center
- New: Swipe down from the upper right corner of your screen to open Control center.
- New: Animated icons are a joy to look at!
- New: Mi Ditto combines dictation and speech output, making mobile devices more convenient for people who have difficulties using conventionally designed smartphones.
- New: Traffic and suggested routes to airports and train stations.
- New: You can track your previous trips now.
- New: Checklists for trips.
- New: Alarms for train arrivals.
- Mi Carrier Services
- New: View your SIM balance and mobile data usage stats.
- New: Save frequently used phone numbers to top up balance and buy mobile data later.
- New: Buy SIM cards and services.
- New: Promotional messages are grouped according to their content now.
- Status bar, Notification shade
- New: All-new design.
- New: New animations bring the weather from outside directly to your screen.
- New: Security introduces new comprehensive privacy protection mechanisms.
- New: Lite mode simplifies your device and brings essential features up front.
- File Manager
- New: Use the floating shortcut to filter and sort items, as well as switch view.
- New: New layout tailored for landscape orientation is available now.
- New: We added lots of fresh animations that will accompany your actions.
- New: Calendar cards will remind you about important events and anniversaries.
- New: You can create folders with notes now.
- New: New dynamic backgrounds look gorgeous!
- New: Tasks are completed with a satisfying animation now.
- New: Checklists of subtasks make managing your agenda much simpler.
- New: New animations feel natural and refreshing.
- New: Keep your home safe with smart home device alerts.
- New: Binging your favorite shows will be more convenient with our new video toolbox.
- Xiaomi Cloud
- New: Shared family storage plan is available now.
As this is an early beta ROM, it may have bugs or errors that can ruin your user experience. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur on your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please DO NOT proceed.
- Take a backup of all your data just to be on the safe side if any incident happens.
- USB Debugging must be enabled.
- Make sure that the device has more than 50% battery percentage.
- You will require a PC or Laptop and a USB cable.
- If you want to install Gapps package APK on the MIUI 12, check the full guide here.
Download MIUI 12 20.4.7 Beta Firmware
Poco F1 Port ROM Link (MIUI 12 Beta)
Guide to Install MIUI 12 ROM On Xiaomi Poco F1 (Update)
- Download the firmware file and save that in your device.
- Now follow the guide given below to install the ROM manually.
How To Install Stock Firmware on Any Xiaomi Device via Recovery or Fastboot Method
We hope that you’ve found this guide useful and successfully installed the latest MIUI 12 Beta update on your Poco F1. Keep visiting the blog for info.