The flagship killer OnePlus 5T is loved by a lot around the globe within few months of the launch. The camera and performance of the device have been getting a lot of positive reviews from users around the globe. The Device is voted to be the best device to buy on the budget it is offered on. The device is also known to be highly developer friendly, with a lot of custom ROMs available for it.
Although the number of custom ROMs available for the device works fine with it, going back to the stock recovery is something required at times. The devices run in the stock OxygenOS. The update of the OxygenOS 5.0 which is Oreo-based started to roll out for the device recently.
At times the various Custom recovery available for the device does not work fine as expected. In such cases, the only possible thing left is getting the stock OxygenOS recovery of the OnePlus 5T. In this article, the detailed guide to installing the stock recovery on OnePlus 5T will be explained.
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shut down between the process.
- This Update is only for OnePlus 5T users.
- Make sure that you have latest ADB and fastboot drivers installed on Windows and Mac/Linux.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur on your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
Download OnePlus 5T Stock Recovery
Steps to install stock recovery on OnePlus 5T
You can use two different methods to install the stock recovery on your OnePlus 5T manually. Both the methods are listed below, please read through to find out.
ADB and fastboot method:
This will require you to connect your device to a computer and do it. USB debugging should be enabled on your OnePlus 5. The steps to do the installation are:
- Download and install ADB and fastboot on your computer (Check Pre-Requirement section above)
- Move the downloaded update file into the ADB folder
- Boot your OnePlus 3/3T into recovery mode
- Select Install from ADB Sideload
- Connect your phone and computer
- Open the ADB folder and click shift+right click and open command here
- Enter the adb devices command to check your connection
- If the connection is ok, enter the adb sideload file_name.zip to flash the update
- Reboot the device when process is completed
Using TWRP recovery:
- Save the downloaded file into your device internal storage
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery, by powering off the device and pressing and holding the power button and volume down buttons
- Tap on the install button
- Select the recovery image
- Swipe the button to start flashing
- Reboot the device once the flashing process is completed
Hope you are clear with the installation guide. If you have any queries please leave a comment below.