Download and Install OxygenOS 4.5.11 on OnePlus 5 (Full ROM + OTA): OnePlus 5 is the latest flagship smartphone from the OnePlus brand, and thus receives regular updates from the manufacturer. Just a few weeks ago, Oxygen OS 4.5.10 was released and now, OxygenOS 4.5.11 is rolling out for the OnePlus 5 users. The earlier version updated camera stability, noise reduction, improved WiFi stability and other improvements. The latest update of Oxygen OS 4.5.11 features September 2017 security patch level. Not many manufacturers released the September OTA. Many are busy releasing the BlueBorne patch, while OnePlus has already released BlueBorne patch.
OnePlus 5 sports 5.5-inch Optic AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5. It is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor clubbed with either 6GB or 8GB RAM and comes with onboard storage of 64/128 GB. No microSD card support. OnePlus 5 comes with Dual 12 MP Camera at the rear with an aperture of f/2.1 and comes with OIS, phase detection autofocus, and LED flash, it also has 8MP at the front for selfie shoot. The smartphone will come out of the box with Android 7.1.1 Nougat wrapped under Oxygen OS. OnePlus 5 supports dual sim and has Type-C 1.0 reversible connector. Other connectivity options are Wi-Fi, 4G, 3G, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, Fingerprint (front) and GPS.
The update has been rolling out as we speak. It is sent via OTA (Over the Air) to all OnePlus 5 users in a phase-wise manner. If you have the update then hit the download button to get the incremental update of OxygenOS 4.5.11 on OnePlus 5.
Update OnePlus 5 To OxygenOS 4.5.11 | Android 7.1 Nougat
Before waiting for the OTA, make sure you have the clean stock ROM without rooting or any hacks installed. This may keep your device from receiving the Stock ROM updates.
If you can’t wait for the OTA update, then here I will guide to manually update OnePlus 5 with OxygenOS 4.5.11. This update is simple and easy to follow. All you need is to download the full firmware package from below and follow the full guide to install OxygenOS 4.5.11 update for OnePlus 5. This is a manual process to install OxygenOS Update on OnePlus 5. So follow this if you want to upgrade your OnePlus 5 manually.
Changelog of OxygenOS 4.5.11 :
- Supports customization of notification ringtone
- Improved launching speed of apps
- Optimized adaptive brightness
- Fixed issue of YouTube video lagging behind audio
- Fixed display issues with some UI elements
- Fixed issue of no 4G+ network in some regions
- Updated Android security patch to September
- General bug fixes
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shut down between the process.
- This Update is only for OnePlus 5 users.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed on Windows and Mac/Linux.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur to your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
How to Install the OxygenOS 4.5.11 On OnePlus 5
For Non-Rooted users :
1) Enable ‘USB debugging’ option from Settings > Developer Option. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and install it on your PC.
3) Download the OxygenOS 4.5.11 for OnePlus 5 from above Copy ROM to a folder where adb installed.
4) Now Turn Off your phone and boot into recovery mode.
5) Choose Install from ADB Sideload
6) Now Connect your phone to Laptop/PC
7) On ADB folder press shift+right click and click on open command here.
8) Now check your connection by typing the below command
if your device is listed, you’re ready to flash the ROM
9) Flash the Oxygen OS 4.5.11 on OnePlus 5 by typing below command
adb sideload File Name.zip
10) Now wait until the process completely and then Reboot the phone.Done!
1) Download OxygenOS 4.5.11 OTA zip file from above and save it on your internal phone memory.
2) Now Go to Settings > System Updates > Settings Icon > Local Upgrade & Select the OTA File.
3) Select upgrade now when the system prompts.
4) Now your device will reboot into stock recovery and flash the OTA.
5) The installer will flash the OTA itself and reboot the device.Done!!!
For Rooted Users :
1) First Unlock your device bootloader and Install TWRP on your Device. Skip this step if already installed TWRP.
2) Reboot your device into Recovery mode and create a Nandroid backup (Recommended) of your device for safer side, if anything goes wrong.
3) Now wipe your cache files by Goto Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe cache and Dalvik cache and swipe to confirm it.
4) Now, Go to Install and locate the OOS 4.5.11 Full Rom Zip & swipe to Install the ROM file
6) Wipe Dalvik & Cache again.
7) Done! Reboot System and Enjoy.
Let us know your feedback on OxygenOS 4.5.11 for OnePlus 5 in the comment section below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.