It is no big secret that the devices from Xiaomi, especially the Poco smartphones are among the most active names in the custom development world. However, what’s the best thing here is the pace of the development.
Although it has only been a few days since the Poco F5/Redmi Note 12 Turbo came out, there is already a working custom recovery available. As a result, you can easily take a backup of the partitions on your device, flash custom firmware, erase individual partitions, and more within a few clicks.
However, to do that, you will have to download and install TWRP Recovery first. In this guide, you will get to know how to download and install TWRP Recovery on Poco F5/Redmi Note 12 Turbo.
How to install TWRP Recovery on Poco F5/Redmi Note 12 Turbo
Step 1: Install Android SDK
To start off, install the Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC or computer. It’s the official ADB and Fastboot binary provided by Google. You should download it and extract it to a convenient location on your PC. Doing this will give you the necessary platform-tools folder.
Step 2: Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking
Then, you will need to enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking on your smartphone. The former makes your smartphone recognizable by the PC in ADB mode. Meanwhile, it’ll allow you to easily boot your smartphone to Fastboot Mode.
OEM Unlocking will be needed to carry out the bootloader unlocking process. You’ll need to go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build Number 7 times -> Return to Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Developer Options -> Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
Step 3: Unlock the Bootloader on your Poco F5/Redmi Note 12 Turbo
You’ll also need to unlock the bootloader on your Poco F5/Redmi Note 12 Turbo if you’re looking to install TWRP Recovery. Remember that doing this will wipe off the data and might even make your device’s warranty null and void.
Step 4: Download the TWRP Recovery for Poco F5/Redmi Note 12 Turbo
- You can get hold of the unofficial TWRP Recovery corresponding to the device by going to the link mentioned below –
Recovery version – Download
Boot version – Download
- Once it is downloaded, you can extract it and rename the TWRP installer zip file to “twrp.zip”
- Then, head over to the extracted folder and copy the TWRP IMG file
- Transfer the file to the platform-tools folder on the PC and rename it to twrp.img
Step 5: Boot your device to Fastboot mode
- Connect your smartphone to the PC using a USB cable while ensuring that USB debugging is enabled
- After that, go to the platform-tools folder and type in CMD in the address bar before hitting Enter to launch the Command Prompt
- Then, type in the following command in the CMD window for booting your smartphone to Fastboot Mode
adb reboot bootloader
- For verifying the Fastboot connection, you should type the following command and you’ll get back the device ID –
Step 6: Install TWRP Recovery on Poco F5/Redmi Note 12 Turbo (Boot version)
- Go to the platform-tools folder and type in CMD in the address bar before hitting Enter to launch the Command Prompt
- Type in the below-mentioned command in the CMD window for temporarily booting your Poco F5/Redmi Note 12 Turbo to TWRP Recovery –
fastboot boot twrp.img
- Your smartphone will boot to TWRP
- Then, head over to Advanced and tap on “Flash Current TWRP”
- TWRP will be permanently flashed on your device
- Once you’ve used it, you should go to Reboot and select “System”
Step 7: Install TWRP Recovery (Recovery version)
- In the Fastboot Mode, execute the below command to flash and install TWRP recovery –
fastboot flash recovery_ab twrp.img
- After that, type the following command to boot your smartphone to TWRP Recovery –
fastboot reboot recovery
- You might carry out the desired flashing
- Once it is done, head over to Reboot -> System