In the world of custom development, the handsets released by Xiaomi are often considered to be the most active in the pecking order. Poco has long been among the go-to choices for tech enthusiasts.
If you own a Poco F4, then there’s no better way of enjoying the device than after you download and install Android 14 Custom ROMs. If you’re looking to break free from the shackles of the stock MIUI ecosystem, then you’ll be able to welcome abode a clean stock experience.
If you’re looking to know how to get your hands on Android 14 Custom ROMs, then this guide will be helpful. In this guide, you will get to know how to download and install Android 14 Custom ROMs on Poco 14.
How to download and install Android 14 Custom ROMs on Poco F4?
Step 1: Install Android SDK
Firstly, you’ll need to install the Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC. It’s the official ADB and Fastboot binary offered by Google. You’ll need to download it and extract it to a convenient location on your PC.
Step 2: Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking
Then, you will need to enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking on your Poco F4. The former makes your smartphone recognizable by the PC in ADB mode. Meanwhile, it’ll allow you to easily boot your smartphone to Fastboot Mode.
To start off, you’ll need to enable Developer Options on your smartphone. Go to settings -> About phone -> tap on build number 7 times -> return to Settings -> system -> advanced -> developer options -> finally enable USB debugging and OEM Unlocking.
Step 3: Unlock the bootloader
There is often an element of confusion regarding this step but to put it into perspective, you’ll need to unlock the bootloader on your device. Remember, unlocking the bootloader on your Poco F4 will mean wiping off all the data on your phone and nullifying the device’s warranty.
Step 4: Download Android 14 ROM for Poco F4
- Before you can install Android 14 Custom ROMs, you will need to download the custom ROM by heading to the link mentioned below –
Paranoid Android 14 Custom ROM – Download
- After that, rename the ROM file to rom.zip before transferring it to the platform-tools folder on the PC
Step 5: Boot your device to Fastboot Mode
- Connect your phone to the PC via USB cable
- Ensure that USB debugging is enabled
- After that, head over to the platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, before hitting Enter
- It’ll launch the Command Prompt
- Type in the following command in the CMD window for booting your device to Fastboot Mode
adb reboot bootloader
- Then, type in the below command to verify the Fastboot Connection
- If you’ve got a device ID followed by the fastboot keyword, the connection will be successful
Step 6: Install Custom Recovery on Poco F4
- To start off, you need to download the desired custom recovery
- Transfer the recovery file to platform-tools and rename it to “recovery.img”
- With the device booted to Fastboot Mode, you should type the following command to flash the recovery –
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Use the following command to boot your device to the flashed recovery –
fastboot reboot recovery
Step 7: Flash the latest firmware
- Download the latest firmware by going to the official Xiaomi website and transfer it to your handset
- From recovery, you should head over to Install, select the firmware.zip, and then flash it
- Once it is done, go to reboot and select Recovery
Step 8: Install Android 14 Custom ROM on Poco F4
- In the Recovery, you need to select Wipe before selecting the Advanced Wipe option
- After that, checkmark System, System_ext, Vendor, Dalvik cache, and Data
- Perform the right-swipe for wiping them
- Go to Install, select the rom.zip, and then flash it to install Android 14 Custom ROM
- Select Reboot -> System
- Your Poco F4 will now boot to the newly flashed OS