Good news for all HTC 10 users. T-Mobile started rolling out Android Nougat update for HTC 10. T-Mobile hasn’t announced about this Nougat update on their support page, but some subscribers reported that they already started Android 7.0 Update. We can call this new year surprise for all T-Mobile HTC 10 users. So it will not take much time to become available to all the users around the world.
You can manually check for update in Settings –> About. If you haven’t received the update or you are out of T-Mobile coverage area, then you can manually install Android Nougat on HTC 10. The HTC leaker LlabTooFeR tweeted that update is rolling out with version number 2.37.531 and weighs about 1.22GB. You can check the below guide for manually updating HTC 10.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- This Update is only for HTC 10 (T-Mobile) users.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shutdown between the process.
Steps to Install Android 7.0 Nougat on HTC 10 (T-Mobile)
- Enable ‘USB debugging’ On your device.
- Download the HTC 10 Nougat OTA file from download section above and save it in your phone’s storage.
- Now Connect your phone to Computer using provided USB and boot your HTC 10 into recovery mode by using below command
- Now execute the following codes
adb reboot recovery
or you can manually boot into recovery mode
- Turn Off your device
- Press and hold Power + Volume Down at the same time.
- Once you are in the recovery mode, use the Vol Up and Vol Down buttons to navigate up and down and Power to confirm
- From recovery menu choose ” Install update from phone storage “
- Then select the downloaded OTA file
- Once the installation is completed, reboot your device
If you have any question related to this post, feel free to leave that in the comment section below. 🙂