Install Android 7.0 Nougat June Security Patch on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge G925F: Samsung is rolling out the latest June security patch update for the Galaxy S6 Edge right now. The Galaxy S6 Edge is the first Samsung Flagship phone to launch with the edge to edge display. The update is being sent as an OTA update with the build number G925FXXU5EQFJ and it comes with several bug fixes and stability improvements.
The security patch update is based on the latest version of Android Nougat 7.0. So if you have still not upgraded your Samsung Galaxy S6 edge to Nougat and if you still in the older version of Android Marshmallow 6.0, then you might not be receiving the latest June security patch update. So make sure you check for the Nougat update and install in before you check for the June security patch.
You can check for the update from settings –> about device –> Software update. If you have not received the update yet, don’t worry, the update is being sent out in phases and it might take some time to reach your device. If you want to manually install the update right now, then you can follow our step by step instructions below.
- Download Galaxy USB drivers and install on your computer.
- Enable USB debugging on your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
- Backup your apps & data
- Charge your device to minimum 50-60% so that we can avoid interruptions in the procedure.
STEPS TO INSTALL OFFICIAL ANDROID 7.0 NOUGAT JUNE SECURITY PATCH ON SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 EDGE (G925FXXU5EQFJ)
- Download Android Nougat 7.0 June Security Patch for Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.
- Download and install latest ODIN tool from above download section.
- Now Follow our in-depth guides on how to download and install official Samsung firmware files via Odin!
HOW TO INSTALL A STOCK FIRMWARE USING ODIN
Good going! If you have followed all of our guides properly, then you will have no issues upgrading! If you still have any queries, feel free to refer us in the comments section!