Download/Install Android Oreo CRA1 build on Galaxy S8/S8 + (Snapdragon): The Korean manufacturer Samsung was seen giving out the beta version of the Android Oreo by the end of 2017. They have started a Galaxy beta program for devices including Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 +. The reports have suggested that a fully stable update will be arriving soon from Samsung for their flagship devices. But even before the official rollout of the update, what we got is a leaked Android Oreo CRA1 build for Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 + from the Reddit forums.
The current leaked update can be downloaded and manually installed by users of Samsung Galaxy S8 Snapdragon. As per reports from XDA, the official update of the same will be rolled out by Samsung by the mid-January itself. But the leaked firmware seems to give you a clear idea of what is coming with the official update on to the two flagships from Samsung, the Galaxy S8 and S8 +.
You can easily download and flash the Android Oreo CRA1 build which leaked through Reddit. We will provide you with the download links and also the steps to flash the update on to your device. The major additions to the update as reported are the latest January 2018 security patch from Google, New boot animation and also the Dolby Atmos audio codecs. Many users have also reported that an improvement in performance of the device could be seen after the installation of the update. If you wish to do the manual installation please follow the guide provided below.
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shut down between the process.
- This Update is only for Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 + users.
- Make sure that you have latest ADB and fastboot drivers installed on Windows and Mac/Linux.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur on your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
- Galaxy S8 (G950U)
- Galaxy S8+ (G955U)
Steps to Install Android Oreo CRA1 build on Galaxy S8/S8 + (Snapdragon)
- Save the downloaded files on to the device external memory
- Boot the device on to download mode by pressing and holding volume up button, Bixby, and power button at the same time
- When a warning message occurs, release the buttons and press on volume up to continue
- Select “Apply update from SD card” by using volume buttons to move and power button to select
- Select the saved update file
- When the process is completed Reboot the device
Hope you are clear with the guide. If you have any queries or feedbacks please leave a comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.