This guide will teach you How to Download & Flash/ Install CM13 Marshmallow ROM On Asus ZenFone 5 Android 6.0.1.This is the final unofficial CyanogenMod 13 build of the ROM.Just follow the given steps to update your Zenfone 5 to latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow via CyanogenMod 13 ROM.If you are Looking For CM13 On Zenfone 2 then follow this guide > How To Install CM13 On Zenfone 2 Android Marshmallow 6.0 ROM
As you guys know Zenfone 5 is not going to get the official Android Marshmallow 6.0 update from Asus.So users have to install third party custom ROMs to try Android Marshmallow on their device.When it comes to 3rd part ROMs, CyanogenMod is the best option to go with.Now there is a great news for Zenfone 5 users.Now there is an unofficial but fully functional CyanogenMod 13 ROM available for the device.So if you own a Zenfone 5 model no.A500CG (T00F), A501CG (T00J) Partial Support: A600CG/A601CG, then you can flash the CM13 ROM via custom recovery to get latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on your device.
As I stated before, It is an unofficial ROM.It is posted On Xda by dgadelha, a senior member over Xda.The ROM is functional and there will be few bugs present.This is the final release of this unofficial CM13 ROM For the Zenfone 5 so there are few bugs present and we are sure in future update everything will be fixed.For Bugs list, check out this official Xda Post.Follow the guide carefully to Flash / Install CM13 Marshmallow ROM On Asus ZenFone 5
It is a very clean ROM with some extra useful features.You will also get the DOZEMode resulting in good battery life.We will be sharing Full step by step guide to Flash / Install CM13 Marshmallow ROM On Asus Zenfone 5 Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 (Unofficial )
- A500CG (T00F)
- A501CG (T00J)
- Partial Support: A600CG/A601CG
*Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before begin.
→Take a proper Nandroid backup so that you can restore anytime you need. Guide > How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Asus Zenfone 5 while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
- Make sure your device’s bootloader is unlocked.
- Make sure you have a Windows PC and ADB and fasboot drivers are installed.Guide > Quickest Way To Install Android ADB and Fastboot (with drivers) on Windows
→ Safely Flash CM13 Marshmallow ROM On Asus Zenfone 5
How To Flash / Install CM13 Marshmallow ROM On Asus ZenFone 5 (Unofficial )
Step By Step Guide
*First read Pre-Requirement section carefully, then follow the given steps to Flash Unofficial CM13 Marshmallow ROM On Asus Zenfone 5
- Download both Un-Official CM13 For Asus Zenfone 5 and Gapps Zip file from the download section above (Put Gapps in the internal memory of the phone)
- Next, Connect your Asus Zenfone 2 Laser to Your Pc via provided USB cable
- Then Copy both downloaded files to Fastboot folder
- Turn off your device, boot into DroidBoot mode (Power + Volume Up)
- Flash the boot and system images with fastboot
fastboot flash boot boot-20160406+1.img fastboot flash system systemCM-13.0-20160406.img
- Then Install Gapps using TWRP.Guide > How To Download & Install CyanogenMod 13 Gapps
- Then return to the TWRP main menu and reboot system
→ If you want to enable root access on CyanogenMod 13 then follow this guide–>>How to Enable Root Access on CM13
If you have any questions related to this post feel free to ask in the comment section.