Here we are sharing the full guide on How to safely Flash / Install CM13 On Zenfone 2 Android Marshmallow 60 ROM.This is a functional unofficial CyanogenMod 13 a.k.a CM13 ROM.So If you want to have Marshmallow On Your Zenfone 2 (Z00A/Z008) then follow the step by step guide below to Flash / Install CM13 On Zenfone 2
This is not an official release.The ROM is developed by XDA dev jrior001.The ROM is based on CyanogenMod 13 source code released by Team CM few months ago.This ROM is an Android 6.0 Marshmallow ROM.We don’t recommend to use this as your daily driver as it is in its alpha stage.But if you want to try marshmallow on your device then it’s time to Flash this ROM.Don’t worry we will be providing a full guide on How to Safely Flash / Install CM13 On Zenfone 2 below.
Remember this is the first release of this unofficial CM 13 ROM for Redmi 1s so there are few bugs present and we are sure in future update everything will be fixed.Below we share some Bugs:
Known Bugs / Broken Features
- RIL is a sloppy mess. Data will likely not connect at first boot and will need manual setup after boot.
- dialer shows an ugly screen on incoming calls
- Miracast displays are broken
- package manager sometimes installs x86 libs when it needs arm libs (causes some apps to not work at all)
- selinux enforcing mode
- sim 2 cannot be disabled
- sim 2 audio quality issues when also on a call on sim 1 (unconfirmed)
- sim 2 ends up disabled after airplane mode and potentially (unconfirmed) after extended periods without cell service.
- USB UMS (Mass Storage) – Killed off for now, MTP works just fine
→ To know More about this ROM and it’s feature visit this official Xda post
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Zenfone 2 while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
- Only for Zenfone 2 (Z00A/Z008).So Don’t try on other variants.
- Make sure you have a custom recovery (TWRP/CWM) Install On your Device.
- Now from TWRP Recovery Take a full backup of your current ROM and files.
If you want to try this ROM then Follow the guide below on How To safely Install CM13 On Zenfone 2 Android Marshmallow 6.0 ROM
Download Cyanogenmod 13 rom for Zenfone 2 (Z008)
Download Cyanogenmod 13 rom for Zenfone 2 (Z00A)
└download the latest built according to date Check the development page ↓
Download & Install CM13 On Zenfone 2 Android Marshmallow 6.0 ROM
- First Of all download Both CM13 and Gapps Files to your PC (Download the right ROM according to device model number)
- Then connect your device to the PC via USB
- Transfer both the Zip files to the internal memory of your device
- Now boot your device to Recovery Mode
- Once in recovery mode, flash CM13 ROM and Gapps 6.0 Via Custom recovery (Install Section)
- Then Clear cache and Clear Data.
- Reboot your device from Recovery Main menu (Press Reboot System)
- Done!!!Your device (Zenfone 2 Z008 / Z00A) should now have Official CyanogenMod 13 a.k.a CM 13 (Android Marshmallow 6.0)
For detailed help on installation visit this post–>>How to Install CM13 (CyanogenMod 13) Via TWRP Recovery
→ If you want to enable root access on CyanogenMod 13 then follow this guide–>>How to Enable Root Access on CM13
*If Your Zenfone 2 is running CyanogenMod 12.1 or other the don’t dirty flash the CM13 ROM
If you have any questions related to this post feel free to ask in the comment section.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.