Here you will learn How to Download & Flash/ Install CM13 Marshmallow ROM On HTC Desire 816 Android 6.0.1.It is a very easy, safe and simple process.Just follow the given steps to update your HTC Desire 816 to latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow via Unofficial CyanogenMod 13 Custom Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow ROM.
There is a very good news for all Htc Desire 816 users.Now there is an unofficial but fully functional CyanogenMod 13 a.k.a CM13 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow ROM available for the device.So if you have a Htc Desire 816, then you can now flash the CM13 ROM via custom recovery to get latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on your device.
I have mentioned this before that It is an unofficial ROM.Thanks to Xda devs bigsupersquid and Garak, now Htc 816 users can install the mosdt popular custom ROM on their device.The ROM is functional and there will be few bugs present as it is in its alpha stage.This is the first release of this unofficial CM13 ROM For the Htc desire 816 so there are few bugs present and we are sure in future update everything will be fixed.For Bugs list and more info on this ROM, check out this official Xda Post which is listed as develpement page along side the download links.Follow the guide carefully to Flash / Install CM13 Marshmallow ROM On HTC Desire 816
This ROM is not developed by team CM but based on their CM 13 source code and latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.It is a very clean ROM with some extra useful features.You will also get the DOZE Mode resulting in good battery life.We will be sharing Full step by step guide to Flash / Install CM13 Marshmallow ROM On HTC Desire 816 Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 (Unofficial )
Supported Devices: This guide is only for Htc Desire 816 [a5dwg] & [VirginMobileUS][A5], So don’t try on other Devices
*Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before begin.
→Take a proper Nandroid backup so that you can restore anytime you need. Guide > How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your HTC Desire 816 while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
- Make sure your device’s bootloader is unlocked.
- Make sure you have a custom recovery (TWRP/CWM) Install On your device.We recommend TWRP Recovery.
- Now from TWRP Recovery Take a full backup of your current ROM and files.
→ Safely Flash CM13 Marshmallow ROM On HTC Desire 816
Download HTC Desire 816 CM 13 ROM (a5dwg) >>ROM / Development Page
HOW TO FLASH / INSTALL CM13 Marshmallow ROM On HTC Desire 816 (UNOFFICIAL )
Step By Step Guide
*First read Pre-Requirement section carefully, then follow the given steps to Flash Unofficial CCM13 Marshmallow ROM On HTC Desire 816 Android 6.0.1
- Download both Un-Official CM13 For Htc Desire 816 and Gapps Zip file from the download section above (download the right rom according to your device’s model number)
- Next Connect your Htc desire 816 to Your Pc via provided USB cable
- Then Copy both downloaded files to the internal memory of your Htc desire 816
- Now reboot your device to Recovery mode
- Now follow this guide to Flash The CM13 Marshmallow ROM On HTC Desire 816 –>>How to Install CM13 (CyanogenMod 13) Via TWRP Recovery
- Then Install Gapps.Guide > How To Download & Install CyanogenMod 13 Gapps
- Then return to the TWRP main menu and reboot system
→ If you want to enable root access on CyanogenMod 13 then follow this guide–>>How to Enable Root Access on CM13
If you have any questions related to this post feel free to ask in the comment section.
Source pages are listed as developement page in the download section
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.