A company deserves some compliments when it brings out the latest updates of Android OS for its older smartphone modes. Xiaomi is rolling out Android Oreo Firmware update for Mi Note 2 via OTA and it would come as MIUI 8.3.1 Global Beta. Along with the unique features that Oreo has to offer, you will also get the latest security patch for your device. Xiaomi is rolling it out in phases and hence, some of you might have already received the OTA update while others are waiting for it.
You can wait to get the OTA update or you can download Mi Note 2 Oreo OTA and manually update it. The following guide will help you immensely if you choose to do the latter. But first, you should check whether you have got the update or not by going to Settings> About> System Update. If the update is available, take it or do it manually.
Features Of Mi Note 2 Android 8.0 Oreo MIUI Global Beta ROM
Oreo update and its features like Multitasking, Notification Dots, PiP mode, new Emoji, Restricted background activities, Faster boot time, Better audio and battery performance.Fixes – The voice sound is low during a call is fixed. The contrast of the notification bar has been changed to make the text visible with a black background. Saved contacts which were shown as numbers in call log is fixed. Random reboot, missing titles for bookmark and downloads and incorrect colored notifications are all fixed.
Check Out Related Posts:
- Download and Install Lineage OS 15.1 For Xiaomi Mi Note 2 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- Download and Install Lineage OS 14.1 on XIAOMI MI NOTE 2 (Android 7.1.2 Nougat)
- This method is only applicable to Mi Note 2. DO not try it on any other device.
- Take a complete backup of your device to be on the safer side.
- Charge the phone to at least 50%-60% so prevent accidental shutdown.
If you happen to perform any of the following steps incorrectly, your device may get bricked. We will not be responsible for any damage that might occur to it.
Steps To Install Mi Note 2 Android 8.0 Oreo MIUI Global Beta ROM
You can either use the updater app on your device or alternatively the Mi flash tool from your PC to flash the update. Both the methods are listed below.
Method 1:(Using Recovery ROM)
- Save the downloaded file into your Phone internal storage
- Open the updater app
- Tap on the menu icon, which will three dots at the top right corner
- Select “choose update package”
- Select the downloaded file
- wait for your device to Reboot
Method 2:(Using Fastboot ROM)
- Download the latest Mi Flash Tool and install it on your PC
- Boot your device into fastboot mode by pressing and holding power button and volume down button
- Connect your device to PC
- Noe extract the ROM file into a location on your PC
- Copy the path to the extracted file and paste in on the Mi flash tool
- Click on the refresh button for the Mi flash tool to recognize your device
- Click on flash button
- Reboot your device when the process is completed
Hope you are clear with the guide. If you have any queries or feedback please comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.