Download and Install Lineage OS 15.1 on Xiaomi Mi Note 2 | Android 8.1 Oreo (Scorpio): Hello guys! Today in this post, we are going to be discussing the latest version of Lineage OS and how all Xiaomi Mi Note 2 users can install it on their devices. First of all, we would like to thank PsyMan for sharing this unofficial build of Lineage OS 15.1 for Xiaomi Mi Note 2 users. This new unofficial build of Lineage OS is based on Android 8.1 Oreo source code which is the latest in the market these days. Even though this custom ROM is in its initial development phase, the users can still take a risk and try this ROM as the daily driver. If you can wait for a few days, then you should wait as the next update will come with all the bug fixes and improvements. There are a lot of new features in Android 8.1 Oreo which can be availed by using Lineage OS 15.1 such as Picture in Picture mode, battery optimization, Split-screen mode, and more.
Xiaomi is a brand which has become one of the biggest names in the recent years. It comes with a 5.7-inch display screen with a full HD resolution of 1920x1080p, Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 Quad Core processor, 4 GB RAM, 64 GB ROM storage capacity, and a 4070mAh battery. It runs on MIUI 8.0 OS and its other features include a 22.56 MP rear camera, an 8.0 MP front camera, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth v4.20, GPS, dual SIM standby, and more.
In case you happen to be a Xiaomi Mi Note 2 user who has wanted to use the features of Android 8.1 Oreo OS but is too impatient to wait for the official OTA update then you are in the right place. In this post, we will be sharing with you the complete guide on Lineage OS 15.1 which will definitely be very helpful for you. Follow the guide to Install Lineage OS 15.1 on Xiaomi Mi Note 2
Check Out Our Full ROM List > Best Custom ROMs For Xiaomi Mi Note 2 | Oreo and Nougat (Battery Life + Performance)
- [Download Links Added] Lineage OS 15.1.0 Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.1)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.1 update
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.1 Oreo
Lineage OS 15.1 Features | Android 8.1 Oreo Features
- 1 Lineage OS 15.1 Features | Android 8.1 Oreo Features
- 2 Pre-Requirements
- 3 Disclaimer
- 4 Download Lineage OS 15.1 For Xiaomi Mi Note 2
- 5 Steps To Install Lineage OS 15.1 On Xiaomi Mi Note 2 | Android 8.1 Oreo Update (Lineage OS 15.1 For Xiaomi Mi Note 2)
As Lineage OS 15.1 is based On Android 8.1 Oreo’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
Android 8.1 Oreo now comes with Autofill feature which was available in the Chrome browser until now. The feature, Auto Fill mode which means that the OS will save your Email Address as well as Password. This will save your precious time.
#2 Adaptive Icons
Now Android also added Adaptive Icons which means that the smartphone will now have an option to modify the default icons for various applications in many shapes such as squircle, square, rounded and others. This is done to ensure that the icons on different apps are in line with the other apps for uniformity purpose. This will make your phone looks cool and minimalistic
#3 Updated Emoji
In Android 8.1 Oreo, Google has once again updated the default emojis present in the Android OS to a blob-less emoji version rather than blob version which was seen on Android 7.0.There are many new emojis are added to enhance your messaging experience
#4 Notification Dots
This feature is same as the one present on Android 7.0 Nougat where users can long press on home screen to see the options but this feature is now extended to show notifications of that particular app by long pressing the icon.
#5 Picture -In- Picture Mode
The picture in Picture mode which is also known as PiP mode is also added to Android 8.1 Oreo. This will be shown in floating window rather than the split-screen.
#6 Google Play Protect and 2X Boot Time
This “Google Play Protect” is added in the Google Play Store and it will be a background service that will check for apps and its usage and data storage permissions and notify users if it is safe to install and use the app.
Thanks to the great optimization in Android 8.1 Oreo, the boot will now take 10 seconds to do so which is a significant improvement. (Previously 15-20 Sec.)
Above are some of the main features Android 8.1 Oreo (Lineage OS 15.1.0) comes with. But there are much more. Overall Lineage OS is the best Custom ROM available for Android.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data.Now proceed To Install Lineage OS 15.1 On Xiaomi Mi Note 2.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
Download Lineage OS 15.1 For Xiaomi Mi Note 2
- Lineage OS 15.1 For Xiaomi Mi Note 2
- Download Official GApps For Lineage OS 15.1 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.1 (If you want root access)
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- How to remove “App is Running in the Background” notification on Android 8.1 Oreo
- Android 8.1 Oreo Battery Drain Issue: Here’s How To Fix
Steps To Install Lineage OS 15.1 On Xiaomi Mi Note 2 | Android 8.1 Oreo Update (Lineage OS 15.1 For Xiaomi Mi Note 2)
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your Armor and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.0.
If you have any doubts regarding this article, feel free to comment below.