OnePlus is among the very few smartphone companies to roll out the latest version of Android as quickly as possible. Samsung recently rolled out the Android-12 based One UI 4.0 beta to its latest flagship Galaxy S21 series, and OnePlus, in a similar way, is rolling out the OxygenOS 12 Open Beta to its latest flagship phones, OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro.
The Android-12 based OxygenOS 12 brings a refreshed user interface, new dark mode features, Shelf, Work Life Balance, and more. According to the changelog shared via forum post, the OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 1 brings three dark mode levels to choose from, for a more personalized experience. It brings a refreshed UI, new Cards on the Shelf, and optimized desktop icons with improved textures.
OnePlus had added Work Life Balance (WLB) feature to all the users that quickly switches between Work and Life modes via quick settings. WLB 2.0 adds support for automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time. The Gallery app is updated to allow switching between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture. The lock screen is now more personalized with the Canvas AOD feature that brings new diverse styles of lines and colors.
OnePlus 9, 9 Pro OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 1 Update Changelog
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- Dark mode
- Dark mode now supports three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- New additional style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- Newly added Earphone Control Card with Bluetooth earphone one-click adjustment
- Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
- Newly added OnePlus Watch Card in Shelf, to easily glance at your health stats
- Work Life Balance
- Work Life Balance feature is now available to all users, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- WLB 2.0 now supports automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- Gallery now allows you to switch between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
- Canvas AOD
- Canvas AOD brings you new diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- Newly added multiple brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment
- Optimized software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin color of different figures
- Some third-party apps haven’t been adapted to the latest Android version and may not function properly
- Camera might be stuck and unstable sometimes
- Texts and calls might not be able to be received
- Bluetooth earphones may fail to connect and play music
- Information about the CPU is incorrectly displayed
- Buttons in Gallery might not function properly
- Screen recordings may not be saved in some instances
Thanks to XDA for the download links.