In this guide, you will learn How to Enable Multi Window Mode on Android Marshmallow.Now all pure android users with Android 6.0 Marshmallow can manually Enable Multi Window Feature.The Multi Window Feature has been included in the Android source code but there is no option to enable it in the Settings app or anywhere else.So you have to manually enable it to take advantage of this awesome mode.
What is Multiwindow Mode ?
If you have used Samsung Note devices then you probably knew what is this.The Multi Window mode allows you to use two applications simultaneously.This feature is pre-implemented with some devices of Samsung and LG.Latest Windows Os also have a similar mode called split view where you can use two apps at the same time.
Steps to Enable Multi Window Mode on Android Marshmallow
You have to manually enable the Multi window Mode on Marshmallow.There are two different method to enable this option.One is for Non-rooted users and the other is for Rooted users.Don’t worry below we share detailed step by step guide.
How To Enable Multi Window Mode on Android Marshmallow
- First of all, Boot your device into recovery, by holding Power and Volume down button for few seconds and then selecting Recovery. (This is for Nexus devices and may vary for different devices)
- Then Mount your system by going to Mounts > Tick System.
- After That Connect your device to your PC.
- On your PC open a command line, somewhere like your desktop.(Right click on your Desktop while holding Shift key> Open Command Window here.
- Type the following command:
- Open the build.prop file with your favorite editor, I recommend using Notepad++ on Windows.
- Find the “ro.build.type” line.
- Change the text after ‘=’ to “userdebug” from “user”.
- Save the file.
- Go back to the command line and enter the following command:
adb push build.prop /system/
Now open a shell,
- And type the following command:
- Now an ADB shell will open, enter these commands:
chmod 644 build.prop
- Then Reboot the device as normal.
- When the device has booted up, go to the developer options, scroll down to the bottom of the “Drawing” category.
- From there Just Enable multi-window
- Done!!! The Multi Window Mode is Enabled.
- First Download Build.prop editor from the Playstore
Edit it to have the value “userdebug” from “user”.
Then Reboot when prompted.
When the device has booted, go to the developer options, scroll down to the bottom of the “Drawing” category
From there Just Enable multi-window
- Done!!! Multi-window mode is enabled.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.