Here we will be sharing a step by step guide On How to Download & Flash/ Install Google Play Edition Marshmallow ROM On HTC One E8 Android 6.0.Till Now there is no CM13 (CyanogenMod 13) ROM available For the device.It is a Google Play Edition Marshmallow ROM.Just follow the given steps to update your HTC One E8 to latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow via Google Play Edition ROM Custom Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow ROM.
If you have a Htc One E8 then there is a very good news for you.Now you can update your device to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Via the Google Play Edtion Marshmallow ROM.There is a fully functional Google Play Edtion Android 6.0 Marshmallow ROM available for the device.So if you own an HTC One E8, then you can flash the Google Play Edition ROM via custom recovery to get latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow on your device.
As I stated before, It is an unofficial ROM.It is posted On Xda by xXminiWHOOPERxX, Senior Member In Xda.The ROM is functional and there will be few bugs present as it is in its alpha stage.This is the first release of this unofficial ROM For the HTC One E8 so there are few bugs present and we are sure in future update everything will be fixed.For Bugs list and more info on this ROM, check out this official Xda Post.Follow the guide carefully to Flash / Install Google Play Edition Marshmallow ROM On HTC One E8
It is a very clean ROM with some extra useful features.You will also get the DOZE Mode resulting in good battery life.We will be sharing Full step by step guide to Flash / Install Google Play Edition Marshmallow ROM On HTC One E8 Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 (Unofficial )
Supported Devices: This guide is only for Htc One E8 codename E8. So don’t try on other Devices
*Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before begin.
→Take a proper Nandroid backup so that you can restore anytime you need. Guide > How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Htc One E8 while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
- Make sure your device’s bootloader is unlocked.
- Make sure you have a custom recovery (TWRP/CWM) Install On your device.We recommend TWRP Recovery.How To Install TWRP Recovery On Sprint HTC One E8
- Now from TWRP Recovery Take a full backup of your current ROM and files.
How To Flash / Install Google Play Edition Marshmallow ROM On HTC One E8 (Unofficial )
Step By Step Guide
*First read Pre-Requirement section carefully, then follow the given steps to Flash Google Play Edition Marshmallow ROM On HTC One E8
- Download both Google Play Edtion Marshmallow ROM For Htc One E8 and Gapps Zip file from the download section above
- Next Connect your Htc One E8 to Your Pc via provided USB cable Htc One E8
- Now reboot your device to Recovery mode
- Now follow this guide to Flash The ROM On Htc One E8 –>>How To Install A Custom ROM Via Recovery On Any Android
- Then return to the TWRP main menu and reboot system
- Done!!your Htc One E8 should have android 6.0 marshmallow
If you have any questions related to this post feel free to ask in the comment section.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.