OnePlus has introduced a lot of changes in the past few years, including incorporating ColorOS into its in-house OxygenOS being the talk of the town. Aside from that, there have been many changes to how you can manually install update packages onto your OnePlus smartphone. Currently, you cannot sideload the firmware using ADB sideload and stock recovery.
Your only course of action would be to install the firmware using the Local Install option. However, it will be easier said than done. Many OnePlus users have been voicing their concerns that Local Install Missing in OnePlus devices. If you’re facing this issue, then this guide will be useful to you as you’ll get to know how to fix local install missing in OnePlus devices.
How to fix local install missing in OnePlus smartphones?
There are a couple of methods to fix the local install missing on OnePlus devices. It is recommended that you’ll need to try out each of the two mentioned workarounds and then see which option works best for you. So without further ado, let’s begin with the two methods.
Method 1: By using Settings Menu
- To start off, you should go to Settings -> About Device -> Version
- After that, you should tap on Build Number 5 times to enable Developer Options
- Then, you should go back one screen and then tap on Up to Date
- Tap on the overflow icon located at the top right and then select Local Install
- Lastly, select the firmware file and it’ll be installed onto your device
Method 2: By using Local Install APK
- To start off, you’ll need to download the official OnePlus Local Update APK
- After that, you’ll need to proceed with the on-screen instructions for installing it
- Launch the app named “System Update”
- Then, tap on the settings icon located at the top right
- Lastly, select the firmware and it’ll get installed onto your device