Sometimes, you aren’t looking to play with friends and you just want to get your regular Call of Duty sessions in. Perhaps you’re getting irritated by people sending you requests when you don’t want to accept them. Although Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 might be a great multiplayer FPS, sometimes, you don’t want to get bothered by the players on your friends list. Being able to appear offline in the game can be a huge help. In this guide, you will get to know how to appear offline on Modern Warfare 2.
How to appear offline on COD Modern Warfare 2
The process to appear offline on Modern Warfare 2 will change depending on where you’re playing the game. For console players, there currently doesn’t seem to be a clear way to appear offline, but the option has been available in the past. It’s worth checking for updates or future patches for this feature to be added back.
For PC players, the process of appearing offline can vary depending on the copy of the game. The process of appearing offline on PC is explained in this guide.
Xbox and PlayStation
- Open Modern Warfare 2 and go to the main menu
- Press the Start/Menu button on the controller and pull up the COD HQ and everything else in between
- Tap R1 or RB until you get the profile icon
- There will be an option to appear offline when the feature returns
PC MW2 Steam Purchase
- Open the Steam client
- Go to the top left where you should click on the friends a tab
- There will be another option at the bottom right
- Now, choose the option to appear offline/away depending on your personal preference
PC MW2 Battle.net purchase
- Open the Battle.net client or app on your PC
- At the top right, you’ll find a profile option
- Click on it and look for the online or friends options
- Here, you can choose to appear offline for as long as you want
While the option to appear offline in COD Modern Warfare 2 is currently not available for console players, PC players can follow the instructions outlined in this guide to do so. It’s worth checking for updates or future patches for this feature to be added back for console players. If you’re looking for a break from the multiplayer aspect of the game, appearing offline can be a great way to enjoy the game on your own terms.