How to Boot into Xiaomi Redmi Y2 Bootloader/Fastboot Mode: Xiaomi Redmi Y2 is an entry-level Android smartphone from Xiaomi. It is also known as Xiaomi Redmi S2 in some markets. The Xiaomi Redmi Y2comes equipped with a 5.99-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 720 pixels by 1440 pixels. The device sports a 12-megapixel rear and a 16-megapixel front camera. The camera on this device performs well and it is one of the best in this price range.
The Xiaomi Redmi Y2 is powered by 2GHz octa-core Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625 processor coupled with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 256GB via a microSD card. It runs Android 8.1 Oreo out of the box and houses a Non-removable Li-Po 3080 mAh battery. As the device has a 720P display, with this capacity it can go through a whole day.
In all the Android devices, you will find a crucial feature called the bootloader mode. Each and every device comes with both the Recovery (stock) and the bootloader mode. This mode will allow a user to perform tasks like flashing/modifying the system partitions, unlocking the bootloader, different OEM level operations, installing TWRP or other custom recoveries, and more. This part is basically the fun part where you get to tinker with the settings and give your device a brand new outlook.
Today, in this post, we will be sharing with you how to boot your Xiaomi Redmi Y2 Bootloader/Fastboot mode. There are two methods using which you can boot into Xiaomi Redmi Y2 Bootloader/Fastboot mode.
Steps To Enter Xiaomi Redmi Y2 Bootloader/Fastboot Mode
There are two ways which can help you to boot into Xiaomi Redmi Y2 Bootloader / Fastboot Mode 1) Using Power and Volume Keys 2) fastboot commands via Computer
#1 Using Hardware Keys
Follow the given steps to boot into Xiaomi Redmi Y2 Bootloader by hardware buttons
- You have to Press and hold the power button for a few seconds
- Now tap the Power Off option when the Power Menu appears
- Now you have to Wait for the Xiaomi 6 to completely turn off
- Then press and hold the Power button and the Volume Down button at the same time
- Continue holding these two buttons down until you boot into Fastboot Mode
#2 Using PC fastboot Commands
If you want to boot Xiaomi Redmi Y2 into bootloader mode from your PC, then follow the linked guide below
- Connect your android to your PC with USB cable
- Now go to ADB & fastboot folder and Open the command window there(Right click on the empty space inside the folder then select “Open command window here” or “Open PowerShell Window Here” option to launch a command window
- Now reboot into the bootloader by issuing the following commands. (Make sure your device is detected by your PC)
adb reboot bootloader
If you have anything related to this post, feel free to leave that in the comment section down