OnePlus has officially released the Public Beta version of the latest OxygenOS 12 firmware for the OnePlus 8 Series users. The new Android-12 based OxygenOS 12 will be arriving for OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8T users shortly and it’ll come with a slew of exciting features and specifications.
Changelog for the Android 12-based OxygenOS 12 update for OnePlus 8 Series
The Android 12-based OxygenOS 12 is the latest skin for OnePlus smartphone users. This latest firmware will bring the new Burdenless design, Game Toolbox 2.0, three dark mode styles, Geometric Deconstruction, new canvas AOD style 2.0, improved protection, shelf & OnePlus scout, and a lot more.
The update will also come with the new security standards that improve the security quotient in the devices. As per the expectations, the latest update will include device stability improvements and general bug fixes. For ensuring the stability of the update, it’ll be rolled out in a staged manner. More devices are expected to receive the update after ensuring there are no critical bugs. If there are no critical bugs, the update will be quickly rolled out to all the users in the upcoming days and weeks.
Download and install the OxygenOS Update on the OnePlus 8 Series
- Firstly, ensure that your handset is up to date
- Download the ROM upgrade zip package for OnePlus 8 (India and Global) and OnePlus 8T (India and Global)
- Copy the ROM package to the storage of your smartphone
- Head over to the settings and go to the System option
- Tap on the System Updates
- Head over to the top-right icon and then tap on local upgrade
- Select the corresponding installation package
- Tap on the upgrade option and let the system upgrade to 100%
- Once the upgrade is complete, reboot the device