Almost every OEM ships their smartphones with a built-in call recording functionality. The benefits of this can be aplenty. If you’re in a busy meeting and want to take note of important points, you can just record the call and go through it later. However, this is proving to be easier said than done. This is the case as the recording functionality hasn’t been enabled by the OEM in some regions. If you’re having this issue, then this guide will be helpful to you. Here, you will get to know how to enable call recording on any Android 12/13 smartphone.
Enabling call recording on your Android 12/13 smartphone involves tweaking the values of several flags in the Google Photos app. This process requires a rooted device, so if you have not already done so, you will need to root your phone before proceeding. Here is a guide you can follow: “How to root your Android device running on Android 13“. Once you have a rooted device, you will need to download and install the Phone by Google app from the Google Play Store, as well as the Google Dialer Mod from GitHub.
Before you begin the process of enabling call recording, it’s important to understand that this is a somewhat advanced process that requires a certain level of technical expertise. If you’re not comfortable with manipulating system settings or modifying your phone’s software, it may be best to seek assistance from a tech-savvy friend or professional. That being said, if you’re confident in your abilities and willing to take the risk, the following steps will guide you through the process of enabling call recording on your Android 12/13 smartphone.
How to enable call recording on any Android 12/13 smartphone
For carrying out this task, you will need to tweak the values of these four flags in the Google Photos app –
G_enable_call_recording G_force_within_call_recording_geofence_value G_use_call_recording_geofence_overrides G_force_within_crosby_geofence_value
It should go without saying that this tweak requires you to have a rooted device. Once it is done, you’ll have to go through the following steps –
- Download and install the Phone by Google app after heading over to the Google Play Store
- After that, download and install the Google Dialer Mob through GitHub
- Launch the mod before tapping on Grant in the Magisk pop-up
- After that, you should enable the toggle next to these two mods –
Force enable/disable call recording Silence Call Recordings Alerts
- Once it is done, head over to Settings -> Apps and then select Google Phone
- After that, head over to the Storage section and tap on Delete Data -> OK
- Once it is done, press Force Stop -> OK
- Launch Google Phone before tapping on the overflow icon and selecting Settings
- You should see Call Recording under Calling Features
- In case the Call Recording feature is still not showing, Delete Data -> Force Stop -> Launch Google Phone (do that 3-4 times) and you will get the record option
The call recording feature can be very useful, especially in busy meetings or when you want to remember important points from a conversation. However, some OEMs do not enable this feature in all regions. If you have an Android 12/13 smartphone and are unable to access the call recording feature, you can follow the steps outlined in this guide to enable it. Keep in mind that this process requires a rooted device and some technical expertise. If you are not comfortable with modifying your phone’s software or are unsure about your abilities, it may be best to seek assistance from a tech-savvy friend or professional.