The newest iOS 16.2 update has brought along a truckload of exciting features, with the likes of Advanced Data Protection, the Freeform App, as well as changes to the AOD taking away most of the spotlight. On the flip side, there are a few bugs that have managed to sneak in and affected other Apple devices. One of the common issues is that the update is causing major battery drain on Apple Watch.
In this regard, many users have voiced their concern that their Apple Watches are facing extreme battery drain after installing the latest iOS 16.2 update. Users are also reporting that there is close to 50% battery drain within an hour. If you’re in the same boat, this guide will be incredibly useful for you. In this guide, you will get to know how to fix 16.2 causing major battery drain on Apple Watch.
How to fix iOS 16.2 causing major battery drain on Apple Watch
As strange as it might sound, for rectifying this battery issue, all you’ll need to do is unpair and then repair your Apple Watch to your iPhone. You should follow the below-listed steps and check if the issue is resolved for your Apple Watch.
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone
- After that, tap on My Watch -> All Watches
- Then, tap on the info icon present next to your Watch
- Now, tap on Unpair Apple Watch
- After that, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone
- Tap Pair New Watch before selecting Set Up for Myself
- Lastly, tap on Set Up Apple Watch
That’s it. You will notice that the battery drain issue on your Apple Watch after updating to iOS 16.2 has been resolved.