Another stable Project Treble supported Custom recovery is now made its way to various Android devices. Here you will learn about Orange Fox Custom recovery and How to safely Install Treble Orange Fox Recovery Project on Redmi 4X (Codenamed: santoni)
The Xiaomi Redmi 4X comes equipped with a 5.00-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 720P. The Xiaomi Redmi 4X sports a 13 MP rear and a 5 MP front-facing camera. The Xiaomi Redmi 4X runs Android MIUI 8 out of the box and powered by 1.4GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 processor coupled with 2 GB RAM and 16GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 128GB and has 2 GB RAM. Xiaomi Redmi 4X runs on Non-removable Li-Ion 4100 mAh battery.
About Orange Fox Recovery Project
The Orange Fox Recovery project is a Custom recovery which is based on TWRP recovery’s source code but with extra features. The Custom recovery is a very stable recovery and can be used on supported devices. The ROM supports both projects trebled ROMs and Non-trebled ROMs. The Recovery supports init.d functionality, Magisk, and SuperSU. The Recovery has it’s own theme engine which has some pre-built themes to apply. This is developed by individual developers of Xda. We will be sharing to the development page link in the bottom section of the page.
* Supports Treble and non-Treble ROMs
* Up-to-date Oreo kernel, built from sources
* Increased compatibility with TWRP
* Updated with latest TWRP commits
* Built-in support for installing init.d functionality
* Built-in support for installing Magisk
* Built-in support for installing SuperSU (v2.82-201705271822 – non-Treble ROMs only)
* White Flashlight
* Password, torch, led
* Support for Miui and Custom ROMs
* Better language support
* Optimized versions of community scripts
* Fox theme engine:
– choice of theme (black, dark, etc)
– choice of color scheme
– choice of splash screen
* Alternative lockscreen
* Bug fixes
- Download Orange Fox Recovery Here
- Download Xiaomi USB Drivers
- Download and Install ADB and fastboot drivers
- Your device should have unlocked bootloader
- You need to install TWRP Recovery on the Xiaomi Redmi 4X device.
Guide To Install Treble Orange Fox Recovery Project on Redmi 4X
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed.
- First, download the files from the above link and extract them
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery
- Take a nandroid backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now return to the main menu of TWRP and wipe cache, data, and system before flashing the recovery
- In order to Wipe data: Go to Wipe —> Advanced Wipe and select Dalvik/ART cache, cache, System, Vendor, and Data and then swipe to wipe. (Don’t select the internal storage)
- Now Return to the main menu of TWRP again and install the Orange Fox Recovery
- Go to Install -> Install Image -> select system.img
- Last but not least, flash Magisk (optional) if you want to root (not recommended as all devices have different methods)