Finally, users can now Install Orange Fox Recovery Project on Redmi Note 8 Pro a.k.a BEGONIA. The Custom recovery has been shared by Xda senior member Sahil_Sonar, so we are really thankful to him. If you are planning to Install any project treble based ROM, then this recovery is highly recommended.
The Recovery can be flashed on your device via fastboot command so you need to have PC. Don’t flash it via recovery if you have installed TWRP or any other recovery on your device. Your device must be running on MIUI 10, so keep that in mind too. For example, if you have an Indian variant of Redmi Note 8 Pro, then your device must be running on MIUI 10 Indian firmware. The developer has clearly mentioned it on the official Xda thread.
Orange Fox Recovery Project
The Orange Fox Recovery project is a Custom Recovery that is based on TWRP recovery’s source code but with e5 Prora features. Custom recovery is a very stable recovery and can be used on supported devices. The ROM supports both projects trebled ROMs and Non-trebled ROMs.
The Recovery supports init.d functionality, Magisk, and SuperSU. The Recovery has it’s own theme engine which has some pre-built themes to apply. This is developed by individual developers of Xda. We will be sharing the development page link in the bottom section of the page.
- Supports Treble and non-Treble ROMs
- Up-to-date Oreo kernel, built from sources
- Increased compatibility with TWRP
- Updated with latest TWRP commits
- Built-in support for installing init.d functionality
- Built-in support for installing Magisk
- Built-in support for installing SuperSU (v2.82-201705271822 – non-Treble ROMs only)
- White Flashlight
- Password, torch, led
- Support for Miui and Custom ROMs
- Better language support
- Optimized versions of community scripts
- Fox theme engine:
- choice of theme (black, dark, etc)
- choice of color scheme
- choice of the splash screen
- Alternative lock screen
- Bug fixes
- Download Orange Fox Recovery Here
- Download Android USB Drivers on your PC and install it.
- Download and Install ADB and fastboot drivers
- Your device should have unlocked the bootloader of Redmi Note 8 Pro
Guide To Install Treble Orange Fox Recovery Project on Redmi Note 8 Pro
- Download the OrangeFox recovery Image file from the link above and save it on your PC
- Now boot your device into fastboot mode
- Press and hold Power + Volume down together, leave power once you see Redmi logo
- Connect your device to the PC and Open command window inside the recovery image folder.
- Now issue the following command
fastboot flash recovery OrangeFox-Unofficial-begonia.img
- Once flashing is done, boot your device into recovery mode
- Power + Volume up together, leave power once you see Redmi logo
- Done!!! your device should be booted into the latest Orange Fox Recovery Project
If you have any question or suggestion please share that in the comment section down below.