While OnePlus continues taking questionable decisions one after the other and continues trying to fix things that aren’t broken, the developer community is still trying its best to add more value to it. There couldn’t be a better way to prove this statement than by announcing the news that the most trusted custom recovery has finally made its way to the OnePlus 10 Pro. In this guide, you will get to know the steps to install TWRP Recovery and root OnePlus 10 Pro running OxygenOS 13 based on Android 13.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery and Root OnePlus 10 Pro on OxygenOS 13 (Android 13)
Step 1: Install Android SDK
To start off, install the Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC or computer. It’s the official ADB and Fastboot binary provided by Google. You should download it and extract it to a convenient location on your PC. Doing this will give you the necessary platform-tools folder.
Step 2: Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking
Then, you will need to enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking on your smartphone. The former makes your smartphone recognizable by the PC in ADB mode. Meanwhile, it’ll allow you to easily boot your smartphone to Fastboot Mode.
OEM Unlocking will be needed to carry out the bootloader unlocking process. You’ll need to go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times -> Return to Settings -> System -> Developer Options -> Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
Step 3: Unlock Bootloader on your OnePlus 10 Pro
You’ll also need to unlock the bootloader on your OnePlus 10 Pro if you’re looking to root your phone via Magisk. Remember that doing this will wipe off the data and might even make your device’s warranty null and void.
Step 4: Download TWRP Recovery
- You can grab hold of the TWRP with the support for Android 13 data encryption from below – Unofficial TWRP Recovery for OnePlus 10 Pro
- Once it is downloaded, rename the recovery file to TWRP so that the complete name becomes “twrp.img”
- After that, transfer the file to the platform-tools folder on your PC
- If you wish to root your device, download the Magisk APK
- After that, change the extension from APK to ZIP for making the file TWRP flashable before sending it to your device
Step 5: Boot your device to Fastboot mode
- Connect your smartphone to the PC using a USB cable
- Go to the platform-tools folder and type in CMD in the address bar before hitting enter to launch the Command Prompt
- Enter the following command in the CMD window for booting your device to the Fastboot Mode –
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, type the following command to verify the Fastboot Connection –
- If you’re getting the Device ID followed by the Fastboot keyword, then your connection stands successful
Step 6: Install TWRP on your OnePlus 10 Pro
- To start off, rename the download recovery to “twrp.img” and then transfer it to the platform-tools folder
- Then, go to the platform-tools folder, and type in CMD in the address bar before hitting Enter to launch the Command Prompt
- Execute the following command for flashing TWRP to the Recovery A partition –
fastboot flash recovery_a twrp.img
- After that, use the below command for installing TWRP to the Recovery BP partition –
fastboot flash recovery_b twrp.img
- Use the below command for booting your smartphone to the TWRP Recovery directory from the Fastboot Mode –
fastboot reboot recovery
- Your smartphone will get booted to TWRP but it’ll be in the Chinese Language so you’ll need to change it to English
- To do that, tap on the sixth icon on the home screen of TWRP before tapping on the Globe icon at the top right and finally selecting English from the list
- If you want to root, go to Install and then select Magisk.zip before performing a right swipe to flash it
- Once you’re done using the recovery and want to reboot the OS, head over to Reboot and select System
Thank you for following along with this guide on how to install TWRP Recovery and root your OnePlus 10 Pro. We hope that these steps were helpful in getting TWRP and root access set up on your device. If you have any questions or run into any issues during the process, feel free to leave a comment in the comment section down below and we’ll do our best to assist you.