In this guide, you will learn How To Manually Install OTA Updates On Huawei devices.It is a very simple and easy method.Just follow the given steps to Update your Huawei devices manually.Remember this is only for the small OTA firmware (e.g: security patch updates).Don’t use this method to flash full firmware files.
This method will work for all most all Huawei and Honor Android devices.You can update your devices just by following few steps.But make sure that you have the stock recovery.We recommend taking backup of your important data before following the steps.
Sometimes users don’t receive notification of the OTA Update.But using this method you can flash the OTA Update Zip file easily.This guide will be very helpful if you want to manually install OTA Updates On Huawei devices (Zip file).
*Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before beginning the process.
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Huawei Device while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
How To Flash / Install OTA Updates On Huawei devices
- Make sure you have downloaded the OTA Update Zip file
- Now Rename the downloaded file to update.zip
- Extract the Update.Zip file
- Create a folder named Dload in the device’s internal storage or on your SD card and put the update.app (Extracted Update.zip) file there
- Then go to Settings > About phone > System Update, and then select Local Update.
- After that, Give the downloaded update file’s location on the next screen
- The installation will start automatically
- Once completed, reboot your device
- Done!!! Your device should now have the latest update running
You can start update from dialer *#*#2846579#*#* and ProjectMenu -> Software Upgrade -> SDCard Upgrade
If you want to download and install the full firmware file on Huawei or Honor devices (not OTA), then follow the given guide linked below
If you have any questions related to this post feel free to ask in the comment section.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.