In this step by step guide, you will learn How To safely Unlock Bootloader On Huawei Devices. This guide is applicable for any Huawei and Honor devices. It is a very simple and easy process. Just follow the given steps carefully to Unlock Bootloader On Any Huawei Devices
Unlocking the Bootloader Of any android device is the first thing to do if you want to root your device or want to install custom ROM or any other flashable files. You can Flash modified system, boot, kernel, custom recovery(TWRP/CWM) or other .img files on your device.
Unlocking Bootloader is now a very simple process. Companies like Sony, Motorola, Huawei and other OEMs officially allow users to unlock the bootloader on their devices. You have to first get a unlock password from the manufacturer Website, then you can easily unlock the bootloader by issuing few ADB & Fastboot command.
Android Rooting and Bootloader Unlocking Relation
The Process of Rooting on Android has 3 main steps. First users need to unlock the bootloader. Once the bootloader is unlocked, the user can flash Custom Recoveries like TWRP. After installing the custom recovery, the user can gain root access by flashing supersu or magsik.
Here we will be using a windows computer, so make sure you have one.
- Unlocking bootloader will completely wipe your device’s data(Everything like music, photos, videos & apps). So we highly recommend taking backup of your important data.
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Huawei Device while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk.
Important & Pre-Requirements
*Make sure there is at least 60% battery left on your smartphone before begin started this process
- Download and Install Latest Huawei USB Drivers on your computer (Important)
- Open Settings> Developer options and enable USB Debugging on your device. Guide: How to Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on Android
- Setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC
→ Unlock Bootloader On Huawei Devices
How To Unlock Bootloader On Huawei Devices (Honor Devices Too)
→ First read the Pre-Requirement section carefully.
- First Open the Huawei Bootloader Unlock request page on your Computer then login to your account.(register if you don’t have an account)
- Once registration is done, it will automatically redirect to the Agreement page.
- If it won’t redirect you to the agreement page, just click on Unlock Bootloader Link On the Website
- Agree to the terms and condition and click Next button. (read carefully)
- On the next page, provide the required information about your device and hit Submit button.
- If everything is correct, you’ll get a unique 16-digit bootloader unlock password for your device.
- Now connect your Huawei device to the PC with a USB cable.(Give it required permission)
- Boot your Huawei device into bootloader mode using the following command:
adb reboot bootloader
└ If your device doesn’t boot into bootloader mode, then disable Fastboot function from your device’s Settings.
- Once your device is in bootloader mode, issue the following command to unlock bootloader:
fastboot oem unlock your-unlock-password
└ Replace the unlock Code with the Red text
- The bootloader unlocking process will start automatically.
- Once the process is finished, your device will reboot.
→ If you have any question related to this post then feel free to leave that in the comment section below.