OnePlus has recently launched a new flagship device called OnePlus 8T which is the latest ‘T’ lineup device and the successor of the OnePlus 7T model. OnePlus offers one of the best in class flagship killer devices in the smartphone market and has its separate user community. Meanwhile, the optimized and polished OxygenOS (HydrogenOS in China) stock skin is also one of the best skins in the Android community for years. However, if in case, you’re one of the advanced users and want to customize your OnePlus 8T with the help of Unlock Bootloader, install USB drivers, and ADB Fastboot drivers, then check this guide.
As OnePlus devices are always developer-friendly, custom developers love this brand so much. Whereas so many custom firmware, mod files, etc are available for OnePlus devices and the OnePlus 8T is no exception here. Android lovers or geeks always want to highly customize their devices so that they can easily install any third-party firmware or root or custom recovery. Now, the customization part starts from the bootloader unlocking process.
All the smartphone brands offer a locked bootloader to their devices by default due to some security or privacy concerns. However, OnePlus devices are well customizable and users can easily unlock the bootloader. Once you’ve unlocked it, you will be free to flash any kind of compatible custom file on your OnePlus 8T device. Although, you may need to install a custom recovery like TWRP on your device in order to install those flashable zip files. Whereas if you’re focused on rooting your handset, installing Magisk will also do the job easily without having the TWRP recovery.
OnePlus 8T: Unlock Bootloader, Install USB, ADB Fastboot Drivers
Here we’ve provided all the necessary details which you need to follow before heading over to the bootloader unlocking method.
RootMyGalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage that occurred to your device while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk.
- Make sure the battery percentage is more than 60%.
- A Windows PC and a USB Cable is needed.
- Make sure you have installed Android USB Drivers on your PC.
- Download and Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on your computer.
- Now, enable the Developer option. Guide How to Enable Developer Options & USB Debugging on Android
- Create a full backup of your device. (Non-Rooted Method)
Bootloader Unlocking Steps
Follow the given steps to boot into OnePlus 8T Bootloader by hardware buttons.
- You have to press and hold the power button for a few seconds
- Now tap the Power Off option when the Power Menu appears
- Now you have to Wait for the OnePlus 8T to completely turn off
- Then press and hold the Power button and the Volume Down button at the same time
- Continue holding these two buttons down until you boot into Fastboot Mode
- Once the device booted into Bootloader mode, connect your device with a PC or Computer.
- Now Go To The ADB Folder and open the Command window there (To Do so, “Shift + Right click” on any empty white space inside the folder and then select “Open command window here” from the context menu)
- The Command Prompt window will open.
- Type the following command and hit Enter to check whether your connected device is running in bootloader/fastboot mode or not:
- Now, you will see a device code which means your device is connected to bootloader mode.
- Type the following command and press Enter to unlock the bootloader easily:
fastboot oem unlock
- Wait for the process to complete.
- Once done, you can either reboot your device manually or type the below command and hit Enter:
- That’s it. Your handset bootloader is now unlocked.
Keep visiting the blog for more info.