Here we are sharing a guide On Verizon s7 root on Android Nougat 7.0 (G935V): Verizon has released the official android 7.0 nougat update for Verizon Galaxy S7 via OTA and now there is another great news for all Verizon Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge users as root has been achieved by By jrkruse, Recognised Contributor over Xda.
The official Nougat update for Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge has been out recently and most Verizon users are enjoying the latest features of Android 7.0 Nougat OS. But if you are really interested in increasing the fun and features of your phone by multiple folds, then it is suggested that you root it. Rooting your device might nullify the warranty period and leave your device useless if anything wrong happens, but with the correct procedure and correct downloaded files, your device can be easily rooted and ready to be better than ever.
The bad thing about Verizon is that, rooting these become very difficult but the good news is that you can now root Verizon’s Nougat builds using either Magisk zip or SuperSU. Below is a simple guide on root Verizon Galaxy S7 Edge on Android Nougat 7.0 using SuperSU.
First of all, you will be needed to follow few pre-requirements which are mandatory to the process as they are essential for carrying out this process safely and without any loss.
- Don’t forget to have the backup of all your important data, contacts and files as all the data will get erased during the rooting process.Guide How to Backup Important Data On Android (Non rooted users) / How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices (Root Users Only)
- Make sure that your device has more than 50% battery percentage.
How to Root Verizon Galaxy S7 Edge on Android Nougat 7.0
- First, download all the required files from the download section
- Now turn off your device and boot into download mode (press and hold power, home, and volume down buttons at the same time)
- Once you are in the download mode, connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
- Download Odin and Boot img from the download section and Run the ODIN.exe.
- Once Odin window is open, click on AP button.
- Next, navigate to the folder where you have extracted boot img file and then select file with extension .Tar.
- Then Click on the Start button.
- Download and Extract the ADB and Fastboot in the same folder where you have extracted the Root files.
- Now take your Verizon Galaxy S7 edge and enable USB Debugging. (Guide > How to Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on Android )
- Now reconnect your device to your PC
- Now open CMD window in the ADB and Fastboot folder.
- Now issue the following command
- Done !! now reboot your device.
Once you have rebooted your device, your device should be rooted. If you want to verify the root access, just download or install any root checker app from Play Store.