Now users can Root ZenFone 4 On Android Oreo 8.0 as working magisk method is now available.The last few days of 2017 saw a lot of manufacturers rolling out the Android 8.0 Oreo update. Asus has also rolled out an update when the year was about to close on their device the ZenFone 4 smartphone. The manufacturer is expected to roll out the same update for other updates very soon. But currently only the flagship device from Asus, the ZenFone 4 will be getting the update.
For the developer group of Android users, the one bad thing about the update is that the loss of root access for the device. But the happy news for those type of ZenFone 4 users who have updated to Oreo is that you can now get back the root access. Magisk tool which is systemless interface can be used to root Asus ZenFone 4 on Android 8.0 Oreo.
For the root access, you need the latest boot.img file which should be flashed into the device. And then the TWRP recovery and Magisk should be flashed into the device. When all the latest versions of boot.img, TWRP recovery and Magisk are flashed you are all set to get the root access. This article will guide you through the steps to do it.
Rooting Root ZenFone 4 gives you additional benefits like you can install special apps, flash custom ROMs, you can streamline your phone performance and many extra features. The real performance of an Android smartphone can only be unlocked once it is rooted. Rooting your Root ZenFone 4, lets the user flash different Custom MODs, ROMs, and such stuff onto the device.
Now here we come with a full working guide on how to install TWRP Recovery and Root ZenFone 4 On Android Oreo 8.0. While rooting you have to be very careful and proceed with great caution, anything wrongs you may get your device bricked.
If you want to root your device without PC or Laptop using one click root tools, then you can follow our guide linked below
If you are new to TWRP recovery and rooting then here we first share some facts about Android rooting.
What is Rooting An Android Device Mean?
Rooting is the process of gaining full admin control of the Android device.You can use the device to its full potential,‘Rooting’ means giving yourself special privilege or “root permissions” on your phone. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device.You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow) On old device by installing third party ROMs like CyanogenMod 13.You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance.You can hibernate any app you want.You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
What Is TWRP Recovery and Some of its benefits?
TWRP is a custom recovery for Android.It is the most popular Android custom recovery.It replaces the stock recovery On Android devices.It comes with many extra features compared to the stock recovery.It needs the bootloader to be unlocked.If your bootloader is locked then check out the guide here > How To Unlock Bootloader Of Any Android Using Fastboot.Some devices like Xiaomi and Huawei phones need a unlock code.
- Users Can Install Custom ROMs, MODs, Kernel via TWRP recovery
- Users can flash system image (.img) file via TWRP recovery.
- You can flash modding zip files
- It is being used to install Xposed Modules
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- Users can root by flashing magisk via TWRP recovery
- You can create nandroid backup via TWRP
- Can remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery.
- You can flash Custom Kernel To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data via TWRP recovery.
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shut down between the process.
- This Update is only for Asus ZenFone 4.
- Make sure that you have latest ADB and fastboot drivers installed on Windows and Mac/Linux.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur on your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
Steps To Root ZenFone 4 On Android Oreo 8.0
After downloading both files follow the steps below to Root ZenFone 4 On Android Oreo 8.0
- Save the downloaded files into internal storage of the phone
- Boot the device into TWRP recovery mode
- When on TWRP interface tap on install
- SElect the Magisk zip file
- Swipe to flash the device
- Reboot the device when the flashing process is completed
- Go to the file manager app on your phone
- Select the Magisk manager.apk file to install it
- When installed open the Magisk manager to find the root status
Hope you are clear with the installation guide. If you have any queries please leave a comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.