Here we are going to discuss ” What Is Rooting Android Phone? ” and What are the Advantages And Disadvantages of rooting your android phone.Why should and shouldn’t you root your android device.
What is Rooting On Android ?
Rooting is the process of gaining full admin control of the android phone.You can use the device to its full potential,‘Rooting’ means giving yourself special privilege or “root permissions” on your phone. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device.You can install latest Android updates (like the android 6.0.1 marshmallow) On old device by installing third party ROMs like CyanogenMod 13.You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance.You can hibernate any app you want.You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
You can even backup, restore, or batch edit applications, and remove the bloatware that comes pre-installed on many phones.You can use the device to its full potential.[icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Checkout our rooting category here
How is rooting different from jailbreak ?
Most people consider Rooting as the Jailbreak of Androids, but in reality, these two are very different concepts. Jailbreak refers to bypassing the features prohibited by Apple, as well as modifying the Operating System (enforced by ‘locked bootloader’), installing non-approved applications and granting the user administrative privileges. Whereas only few Android devices lock the bootloaders and some branded companies like Sony, Asus and Google explicitly provide the ability to unlock their device and even replace the Operating System entirely.
Pros of Rooting (Advantages)
Why should you root your Android
- Unlock hidden features and install incompatible apps: You can unlock the incompatible apps or the apps that are banned or can’t be accessed in a particular country or region.
- Hack WiFi from your Android device: Yeah! This is true, you can hack WiFi network and disable other people’s net connection in the same WiFi. ‘WiFi Kill’ is an app that can be used for hacking WiFi network.
- Overclock your Mobile Processor: You can increase the processing speed of your mobile. Although this is risky, so gather enough information before executing it.
- Block Ads from Android Apps: Android users will be aware of the annoying ads that pop up in between some apps, but you can make them go away once you root your phone. AdBlock is an app used for removing and blocking ads.
- Increase RAM of your device: Rooting also gives you the benefit of increasing the RAM of your device which helps to boost up the speed as well as prevents the frequent crashing of android.
- Install different ROMs, MODs, Kernel: You can install different ROMs, Kernels and MODs on your device after rooting it.Android is the best operating system for the mobile device when it comes to customization.
- Underclock the CPU to boost battery life: You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life on your device.
Cons of Rooting (Dis-advantages)
Why shouldn’t you root your Android
- Bricking: This is the most dreaded word of the rooting world. When you brick your device, it simply means your Android device is now a very fancy and very unusable brick. Unless you are a very good software engineer or have a family member working in manufacturing company of mobiles, you will have to flush up some money. Your phone will have to pay a visit to the service center and you will have to make do 2-3 weeks without it, additionally, if they found out that you were rooting your phone, they might as well ask for a penalty fee.
- You end up voiding Phone’s Warranty: The moment you root your phone, you void your phone’s warranty, so if anything happens to the phone, the company will charge you even if it was in the first month of its Warranty Period. In some cases, you can un-root but in most cases there is no going back.
- Ad Blocking: Yes, you read it right, while it can also be considered as an advantage but in the long run this might turn out to be a huge disadvantage. The revenue generated because of pop-up ads gets used by developers to further develop the app and upgrade it.
- Security Risks: If you install any malicious software on your Android device it increases the security risk.So root is disabled by default.
So here we share all the important pouints of rooting android devices.Please share your thoughts about android rooting in the comment section