In this guide, you will learn How to Safely Root S6 Edge Plus (GSM) In Just 2min.Here we will be using Odin Flas tool to Flash the auto root kernel to get root access on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus (GSM)
Samsung has launched its two phablet, the Galaxy Note 5 and Galaxy S6 Edge Plus.We have already posted an article on How to root Galaxy Note 5.If you own a S6 Edge Plus then you are at the right place.It is a very simple easy and safe process.
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus launched with Android 5.1.1 out of the box, so any previous rooting methods that worked for S6 edge like PingPong Root and CF-Auto-Root doesn’t work for the S6 Edge Plus.If you have a Galaxy S6 Edge Plus and you want to root it then, The only way to get root on Samsung’s Android 5.1.1 based firmware is to install a custom kernel with auto-root. Thanks to Odin, installing custom kernels has never been a trouble, even the noob users. However, flashing a custom kernel on your Galaxy S6 Edge Plus means tripping its KNOX counter, which you should be really worried about.
Check Out the Latest Orgia Custom ROM For Galaxy S6 Edge Plus Linked Below↓
*Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before begin rooting your device.
If you have Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge then check out Best Custom ROMs for S6 and S6 Edge link is given below:
How to Safely Root S6 Edge Plus
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Galaxy S6 Edge + while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
Remember Before rooting:
How to Safely Root S6 Edge Plus In Just 2 min
- This tutorial is only for Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
- Rooting your phone can void your warranty
- After rooting you can tweak your phone
- You can unroot it if you want
- You can overclock or underclock your CPU to make your phone faster
International S6 Edge Plus: G928F, G928I, G928C, G928L, G928K, G928S:
T-Mobile S6 Edge Plus G928T and one other G928W8 variant:
How to Safely Root S6 Edge Plus (Step By Step Guide)
Pic credit: android central
- First download the Odin Flash tool and install that on your Pc
- Then download the auto root kernel according to your device model number (download the right one)
- Now run Odin3 v3.10.6.exe file from the extracted files on your PC.
- First Enable OEM unlock:
- Go to Settings » About phone » and tap “Build number” seven times to enable “Developer options”.
- Go back to main Settings page, scroll to bottom and select “Developer options” from there.
- Under Developer options, look for “Enable OEM unlock” checkbox/toggle and make sure you Check it or turn it ON.
- Now Boot your device into Download mode:
- First Switch off your device.
- Now Press and hold “Home + Power + Volume down” buttons for a few seconds until you see a warning screen.
- Press Volume Up on the warning screen to accept it and boot into Download mode.
- Once your device is in download mode, connect it to the PC with a USB cable.
- The Odin should detect the device and show an “Added!!” message.
- Now click on the AP tab on Odin window and select the custom kernel .tar file that you downloaded for your device.
- Then just Click the Start button on Odin and wait for it to finish the process.
- Once the flashing is completed, you’ll see a pass message on the Odin screen.
- Your device will automatically reboot when Odin is done flashing.
- Now disconnect your device.
DONE!!!! You have successfully rooted your Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
If you are facing waifi issue after rooting your device then here is the fix:
→ Edit your build. prop, you should have this ro.securestorage.support=false
Your WiFi does not retain the password because that line is true, change to false reboot and that’s it
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.