The Samsung Galaxy A41 is another budget segment mid-range smartphone that comes under the Galaxy A-series list. The handset was recently launched in March 2020 with the all-new overall look, triple rear cameras, Infinity-U display, IP68 water & dust resistant, etc. It’s currently listed under NTT DoCoMo in Japan and there is no announcement made for the release in other countries. Now, if you’re using this device for a while or have just purchased and want to fully customize without any second thought, then this guide is for you. Here we’ve shared the steps How to unlock bootloader and root Samsung Galaxy A41 (No twrp).
The device has a 6.1″ Super AMOLED display, Full-HD+ resolution, Android 10 (One UI 2), octa-core MediaTek Helio P65 processor, Mali-G52 MC2 graphics, 4GB of RAM, 64GB of onboard storage along with a dedicated micro SD card slot. It packs a triple rear camera setup of a 48-megapixels + an 8-megapixels + a 5-megapixels lens with PDAF, HDR, Panorama, an LED flashlight, and other AI modes. On the front side, the device packs a 25-megapixels selfie camera with AI modes like Portrait, AI Face Unlock, and more. It has a 3500mAh battery (15W quick charging), Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5, GPS, NFC, Type-C port, etc. There is an under-display fingerprint scanner, an ambient light, gyro, an accelerometer, proximity, compass sensor.
By unlocking the device bootloader at first, the device will be able to perform customizations and install third-party files. Here we will use the Magisk root method without TWRP. However, the Samsung KNOX status will be removed from your device after rooting it. Make sure to follow all the requirements below and take a complete backup of the important data at first. By using the Magisk, you can patch the Stock Firmware Boot Image file and flash the boot partition on your device.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide so please proceed at your own risk. However, we would be happy to help with any problems within our reach
Important Note: Without TWRP, you can’t flash the root files like Magisk. Now, we have to manually modify the stock boot image by patch to get root access on the device
How To Unlock Bootloader and Root Galaxy A41 with Magisk
#1 Unlock the bootloader
- First, unlock the bootloader of your device, guide: How To Unlock Bootloader Of Any Android Using Fastboot Commands
#2 Download stock boot image
- Download Stock ROM > Download
Download the boot file according to your device. Once downloaded, unzip the file and open it, look for a .zip file. Open that file too, now you will see a file named boot.img (This is the official stock image or firmware)
#3 Patch boot image
- Move the boot.img to your device’s internal storage.
- Download & install the latest Magisk Manager on your device.
- Open magisk manager, On the main screen, select Install > Install > Patch Boot Image File
- Now select the boot image (boot.img). Magisk will start to patch the boot image.
- After completion, the file will be saved as “magisk_patched.img” in your Downloads folder
#4 Finally, Steps To Root Galaxy A41
- Connect your device to PC and transfer the “magisk_patched.img” file to the internal storage of the device (ROM folder).
- Use 7Zip to archive the .img file to .tar file which is compatible with Odin Flash Tool.
- Now, you have to download and install the ODIN Flash Tool on your PC.
- Make sure to install the latest Samsung USB Drivers on your computer also.
- Boot your Samsung Galaxy A41 into Download/Odin Mode. (Switch off the phone > press & hold Volume Down + Power button together for a few seconds and the download mode will open)
- Connect your handset with the PC using a USB cable.
- When your device is connected, launch the ODIN tool.
- Next, load the magisk-patched.tar file in the AP section.
- Click on Options tab > select F.Reset Time.
- DO NOT select the Auto Reboot and Re-Partition.
- Next, click on the AP button and select the magisk_patched.tar file.
- Click on the BL button > select the BL file from the extracted firmware folder.
- Then select the CP and CSC file in the Odin tool.
- Once added BL, AP, CP, & CSC files in the preferred sections, click on the Start.
- The rooting process will start and it will take some time. You will get ‘PASS’ notification if successful.
- Now, turn on your handset by press & hold the Volume Up + Power button. Release the buttons when you see a warning screen.
We hope you’ve found this guide helpful. Keep visiting the blog for more info.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.