Huawei has started rolling out the latest December 2021 firmware update for its Huawei Nova 6 Series devices. This update will bring in many bug fixes, optimizations for Bluetooth connectivity, system stability, voice call feature, multi-window mode, system security, and much more.
This update for Nova 6 and Nova 6 5G will upgrade the OS from v18.104.22.168 to HarmonyOS v22.214.171.124 and the update is already being rolled out in the Chinese market. Initially, a limited number of Nova 6 Series smartphones will get the update before it is gradually out to other devices in the coming days and weeks. This update will also install the HarmonyOS security patch of December 2021, which fixes 1 CVE in the framework, 3 CVEs in the system, 2 CVEs in Kernel, 3 CVEs in the application, and 62 CVEs in third-party libraries
Changelog for the December 2021 Security Update for Huawei Nova 6 Series
- Bluetooth – The latest update will optimize the compatibility of the Bluetooth feature and certain headsets
- App – The new update will optimize the compatibility of Huawei printing with a few third-party applications
- Multi-window – The update will optimize the user experience of smart multi-windows
- System – Another aspect that the new update will optimize is the system stability of some scenarios
- Security – The latest update incorporates security in the December 2021 patch for enhancing the security of mobile phone systems
How to update your Huawei Nova 6 Series smartphones?
You can manually download and install this update by going to your device’s settings. For doing that, follow these simple instructions –
- Open the Settings
- Click on System and Updates
- Now, open Software Update
- Tap on the option Check for Updates
- If the update is available, simply click on Download and Install
- Once the installation is finished, reboot your Nova 6 Series device
Alternatively, you could manually request software updates through the “My Huawei” app. In order to do that, open the “My Huawei app”, tap on the “Update” option, then select the “Check for Updates” option, and finally “Download and Install”.