Huawei Nova 7 5G manages to snap up the new December 2021 HarmonyOS software update, bringing in new optimization for Bluetooth, system stability, different applications, and smart multi-window mode. However, it will also install the latest security patch, protecting the device from any potential threats.
The latest Security Patch Update for the Huawei Nova 7 5G will be a huge upgrade and come in with the HarmonyOS version 126.96.36.199, which is an upgrade from the base version 188.8.131.52 in China. As for the optimizations and changes, the update manages to optimize the compatibility of Bluetooth with devices as well as Huawei printers with 3rd-party apps.
Changelog for the December 2021 Security Update for Nova 7 5G
- Bluetooth – The latest update will optimize the compatibility of the Bluetooth feature and certain headsets
- App – The new update will optimize the compatibility of Huawei printing with a few third-party applications
- Multi-window – The update will optimize the user experience of smart multi-windows
- System – Another aspect that the new update will optimize is the system stability of some scenarios
- Security – The latest update incorporates security in the December 2021 patch for enhancing the security of mobile phone systems
How to update your Huawei Nova 7 5G?
You can manually download and install this update by going to your device’s settings. For doing that, follow these simple instructions –
- Open the Settings
- Click on System and Updates
- Now, open Software Update
- Tap on the option Check for Updates
- If the update is available, simply click on Download and Install
- Once the installation is finished, reboot your Nova 7 5G
Alternatively, you could manually request software updates through the “My Huawei” app. In order to do that, open the “My Huawei app”, tap on the “Update” option, then select the “Check for Updates” option, and finally “Download and Install”.