Tired of running an old firmware and want to switch to Android 14 custom ROM on OnePlus 10 Pro? Then you are in the right place as this guide will show you how to install Android 14 custom ROM on OnePlus 10 Pro.
OnePlus used to be renowned for being the most dynamic OEM in the custom development scene but things took a turn for the worst with the tenth iteration. Now, OnePlus are among the least active OEMs for tech enthusiasts.
However, OnePlus 10 Pro users shouldn’t worry as you now have the option to download Android 14 custom ROM on OnePlus 10 Pro and welcome a plethora of intriguing features and functionalities.
How to install Android 14 Custom ROM on OnePlus 10 Pro
Step 1: Install Android SDK
To start off, install the Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC or computer. It’s the official ADB and Fastboot binary provided by Google. You should download it and extract it to a convenient location on your PC. Doing this will give you the necessary platform-tools folder.
Step 2: Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking
Then, you will need to enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking on your smartphone. The former makes your smartphone recognizable by the PC in ADB mode. Meanwhile, it’ll allow you to easily boot your smartphone to Fastboot Mode.
OEM Unlocking will be needed to carry out the bootloader unlocking process. You’ll need to go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build Number 7 times -> Return to Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Developer Options -> Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
Step 3: Unlock Bootloader on your smartphone
RootMyGalaxy.net offers instructions to unlock bootloaders as a courtesy, but users proceed at their own risk. We’re not responsible for any device damage or data loss. Note unlocking the bootloader may void the warranty. We recommend caution – fully understand implications before unlocking.
You’ll also need to unlock the bootloader on your OnePlus 10 Pro if you’re looking to install Android 14 Custom ROM on OnePlus 10 Pro. Remember that doing this will wipe off the data and might even make your device’s warranty null and void.
Step 4: Download Android 14 Custom ROM on OnePlus 10 Pro
- Next, you need to grab the latest Android 14 Custom ROM on OnePlus 10 Pro for your device by heading over to the links mentioned below –
- Once you’ve downloaded these files, you need to transfer them to the platform-tools folder on your PC
Step 5: Boot your device to Fastboot mode
- Connect your smartphone to the PC using USB cable while ensuring that USB debugging is enabled
- After that, go to the platform-tools folder and type in CMD in the address bar before hitting Enter to launch the Command Prompt
- Then, type in the following command in the CMD window for booting your smartphone to Fastboot Mode
adb reboot bootloader
- For verifying the Fastboot connection, you should type the following command and you’ll get back the device ID –
Step 6: Install Android 14 Custom ROM on OnePlus 10 Pro
- First, you need to flash the dtbo.img file –
fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
- After that, flash the vendor_boot.img file –
fastboot flash vendor_boot vendor_boot.img
- Now, you need to flash the boot.img file –
fastboot flash recovery boot.img
- After that, flash the recovery.img file –
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Boot your device to the newly flashed recovery –
fastboot reboot recovery
- Once this is done, you need to select Apply Update -> Apply from ADB
- Now, type the following command in the CMD window for sideloading the ROM –
adb sideload rom.zip
- Once it is done, you see a prompt and you need to tap on the “YES” option
- Your OnePlus 10 Pro will now be rebooted to recovery
- After that, you should select Factory Reset -> Format Data/Factory Reset and wait until this process is complete
- Lastly, select “Reboot System” and boot your device to the newly flashed OS
We hope this guide helped you with downloading and installing Android 14 Custom ROM on OnePlus 10 Pro. If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to mention them in the comments section down below.