This guide will teach you How to Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow On Galaxy S2 Plus I9105/P Via Pure AOSP ROM. The Galaxy S2 Plus’s last official update was Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.It’s now a 2.5 years old device, that means it’s not going to get any official update and support.
So you have to look for third-party ROM in order to run the latest android on your Galaxy S2 Plus. Follow the below guide to safely Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow On Galaxy S2 Plus Via Pure AOSP ROM
Now many latest devices like LG G4 and M9 has already received the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update from their manufacturer, but Samsung is lagging behind them. Samsung has not started rolling out Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for its flagship-like S6 Edge and S6.
There are many unofficial CM 13 ROM available for many devices and we have covered all of them if you want to Install an unofficial but functional CM 13 then check out our Category CyanogenMod to find out if there is CM 13 available for your Phone or not.
AT&T Galaxy S2 also received Android Marshmallow via CM 13 Unofficial link below
CyanogenMod 13 (Android 6.0 Marshmallow) For Android devices (Check out CM 13 available for your device or not)
If you have a Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus and you want to test the Android Marshmallow on your device then there is a good news for you.There is a Pure AOSP ROM based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow available for Galaxy S2 Plus.The ROM is in testing stage but most of the mainstream features are found to be working in this ROM.There are few bugs also present as it is the first release of the ROM.We don’t recommend you to use this as daily driver.Below we share what’s working.
Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow On Galaxy S2 Plus->
- RIL (Calls, SMS, Mobile Data)
- Sensors (Accelerometer, Compass, Light, Proximity, etc.)
- Video (playback & recording)
- Audio (playback & recording)
- Everything else not listed under “known issues”
- SELinux is in permissive mode
- Runtime storage permission does not work properly (sent patches are not applied, see PermissionsHostTest CTS test)
- Sometimes wake up causes music stutter
Download & Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow On Galaxy S2 Plus I9105/P Via Pure AOSP ROM
→This is only for Galaxy S2 Plus so don’t try this on other models.
*Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before begin.
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Galaxy S2 Plus while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
- Make sure you have a custom recovery (TWRP/CWM) Install On your Device.If you don’t have TWRP recovery On your phone then follow this guide to install TWRP–>>How to Install TWRP Recovery via Fastboot On Any Android Device
- Now from TWRP Recovery Take a full backup of your current ROM and files.
→ Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow On Galaxy S2 Plus Via Pure AOSP ROM
How to Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow On Galaxy S2 Plus Via Pure AOSP ROM
Step By Step Guide
- First Of all, Download the AOSP Marshmallow ROM and Gapps file from above links
- Then Connect your device to PC and transfer the ROM and Gapps file to it. Disconnect the device then. Remember the location of the files on device.
- After that Boot, your Galaxy S2 Plus into recovery mode. If you are rooted, you can use Quick Boot app from play store. To manually boot into recovery mode, do this:
- Power off the device. Wait for 4-5 seconds after screen goes off.
- Press and hold Volume Up + Home + Power button together until you see anything on the screen. Then let go of the buttons.You will enter recovery mode soon, and should see TWRP recovery. If you see an Android with an exclamation mark, then you need to install TWRP recovery for this (linked above).
- Once you are in TWRP, Follow this step by step guide to AOSP Marshmallow ROM On S2 Plus I9105/P –>>How To Install A Custom ROM Via Recovery On Any Android
- Done!!!Now your Galaxy S2 Plus I9105/P will be running on AOSP Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.