Attention all Galaxy S7 Edge users! Recently, the initial build of Samsung Experience 9.0 ROM was released for all Galaxy S7 Edge users. Now, all the users will be getting the option to update to Android 8.0 Oreo and avail its features after installing this latest update. A big thanks to ProtoDeVNan0, who is an XDA Senior member and a highly reputed developer for sharing with us this ROM. This ROM can easily be flashed on all variants of Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. This ROM will be based on the Oreo firmware and it will also be bringing the Android 8.0 Oreo along with Samsung Experience 9.0 to your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.
Samsung is a brand which requires no introduction. Its Galaxy series has sold millions of devices worldwide and all of them come with some amazing specifications and features. Its Galaxy S7 Edge comes with a 5.5-inch display screen with 2560x1440p resolution, Snapdragon 820 processor, Adreno 530 GPU, 4 GB RAM, 32/64/128 GB internal storage capacity, and a non-removable Li-Ion 3600mAh battery. Its other features include a fingerprint scanner, heart rate monitor, fast charging, a 12.0 MP rear camera, a 5.0 MP front camera, Wi-Fi, NFC, and more.
The XDA Senior Member ProtoDeVNan0 managed to release the initial build of this new ROM and it is stable enough for use as a daily driver. This update comes with a lot of Oreo features but it might also contain some bugs. In case you want to install this ROM on your device, then all you need to do is, complete some downloads, and then follow the step-by-step guide mentioned below.
Check Out Our Latest Post > Full List Of Best Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge Custom ROMs (Oreo and Nougat)
- You must have TWRP Recovery installed
- Since it involves rooting, the device must have a backup taken of all the important data
- Battery percentage must be more than 50%
- Samsung Experience 9.0 ROM – Link
How to install Samsung Experience 9.0 ROM on Galaxy S7 Edge
- First of all, you need to download and install TWRP Recovery on your device in case it is not installed.
- Download the ROM file by going to the link above and save it in a folder.
- Boot your device into Recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode, take a Nandroid backup of your device’s data to be safe in case something goes wrong.
- You need to perform a factory reset. So, go to Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> Select Wipe Cache, Dalvik Cache, System, and data. Now swipe to confirm the reset.
- After that, go to the install option and locate the ROM zip file which you saved above.
- Now you need to again wipe cache & dalvik cache.
- After doing that, reboot the device and enjoy Android 8.0 Oreo on your device.