This simple article will guide you to Download & Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow On Xiaomi Mi 4 Via AOSP ROM.Now you can easily update your Xiaomi Mi 4 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow.Xiaomi hasn’t started rolling out Marshmallow updates for their devices.There is an AOSP based android 6.0 Marshmallow ROM available for Xiaomi Mi 4 to download.
Xiaomi has released official stable build of MIUI 7 for all of its Mi devices.If you want to install MIUI 7 on any of your Xiaomi Mi devices including Mi 4 then check out our step by step guide here->How To Install MIUI 7 on Xiaomi Mi4, Mi4i, Mi3, Redmi Note, Redmi 2 and other phones
Now let’s talk about the Android Marshmallow ROM (AOSP).The ROM is functional but remember, this is the first release of the ROM, so there are few bugs present, but we are sure that in future releases everything will be fixed.Below we share what’s working and what’s not.
Safely Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow On Xiaomi Mi 4 Via AOSP ROM
Follow the Link below to Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow On Xiaomi Mi 3
- Camera not work, But Video camera can be used
- Data Networking
- CPU mode selection options in developer mode
- Performance mode ( a quad-core full frequency )
- Balanced mode (dynamic use CPU)
- Power-saving mode ( single-core )
- The default mode is the charge into the computer, if you want to use the USB storage. Please connect the phone via USB cable the computer, pull down the pull-down bar, select MTP mode.
Full guide to Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow On Xiaomi Mi 4 Via AOSP ROM
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Xiaomi Mi 4 while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
- Make sure you have a custom recovery (TWRP/CWM) Install On your Device.If you don’t have TWRP recovery On your phone then follow this guide to install TWRP–>>How to Install TWRP Recovery in Xiaomi Mi 3 & Mi 4 without PC
- Now from TWRP Recovery Take a full backup of your current ROM and files.
Download Android Marshmallow Rom for Mi 4
(For More details on the ROM or for screenshots visit this official Mi thread)
[How To] Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow On Xiaomi Mi 4 Via AOSP ROM
Step By Step Guide
- First Download Android marshmallow ROM for Xiaomi Mi 4 and Gapps for marshmallow 6.0 for it from the links given in the download section above
- Now place both the zip file in your internal storage via microUSB cable
- Now reboot your device into TWRP recovery mode by going to Tools > Updater > press Menu key and select ‘Reboot to Recovery mode’
- Once you are in TWRP recovery, Follow this step by step guide to safely Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow On Xiaomi Mi 4 Via AOSP ROM–>>How to Install CM13 Or AOSP Marshmallow ROMs Via TWRP Recovery On Any Android Phone
- Remember first boot may take up to 10 minutes so don’t panic.
- Done!!! Your Mi 4 should have Android Marshmallow on it.
If you have any questions related to this post ask in the comment section.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.