Microsoft has officially released the latest monthly Windows 11 update amidst a lot of hype and it is in the form of the new Windows 11 Build 22621.1265 (KB5022845). The update has become available to all Windows 11 users who are already on the stable 22H2 build.
As expected from a monthly update, this update will not bring a lot in terms of new features if you are already on the last preview release. In this guide, you will get to know all about Microsoft rolling out the new Windows 11 Build 22621.1265 (KB5022845) update.
Changelog for the new Windows update
The new Windows 11 build 22621.1265 update will come tagged as KB5022845. This is essentially a cumulative update for Windows 11 22H2 version. There are a few improvements in the changes and new features. The update will include improvements from the last previous update. The improvements and highlights in Windows 11 KB5022845 are –
- The images will open in a preferred photo app
- Improved app reliability with an IME
- Easily search for files based on file contents
- Improved cursor performance for Japanese Kanji
- The device enters sleep mode once the game controller is connected
- The update has addressed security issues for Windows OS
- The update has made miscellaneous security improvements for internal OS functionality
How to download and install Windows 11 Build 22621.1265 (KB5022845) update
If you installed the optional update or preview release a few weeks back, then you will be getting the package that contains only the new changes and improvements. Meanwhile, the update size will be small as well.
If you haven’t installed the optional January update, you will be getting the full package and the update size will be even higher. You can check and upgrade your Windows OS by heading over to Settings -> Windows Update.