Microsoft is quite active when it comes to releasing new updates. This time around, Microsoft has started pushing the new Windows 11 23H2 KB5032190 update to the Public.
A few weeks back, its preview build came out but this one is the first official build. The update comes with many new features and changes. The Windows 11 23H2 update is available in two different builds – 22631.2715 and 22621.2715
Microsoft has also announced that after February 27th, 2024, Windows 11 version 22H2 will not be receiving optional, non-security preview updates. Only the cumulative monthly security updates will be rolling out.
Changelog for the new Windows update
The new Windows 11 23H2 KB5032190 update brings the features from the preview build to the public. These features include the Copilot preview in select regions. It is the main attraction of the update as it comes powered by AI, allowing you to execute many tasks. All you need to do is write the query or command. The other changes include –
- Enhanced volume mixer in Quick Settings using which you’ll be able to customize volume for each app
- The new UI in File Explorer has been organized better and allows users to find files easily
- It will allow you to share files through Outlook email directly within the Windows share window
- Users will be able to hide the time and date in the system tray
- Improved screen reading and voice access
- Window backup app for making the backup process easier
- Separate taskbar buttons
How to update to Windows 11 23H2 KB5032190 update?
If you’re already on the Windows 11 version 22H2, then you’ll be getting the Windows 11 23H2 update over the air. You’ll be able to check for the update by heading over to Settings -> Windows Update. Once the update is available, you’ll need to click on Download and Install. Windows updates can often take a while to download and install, so ensure that your laptop is connected to a charger or PC to a power source.