Xiaomi has started rolling out the latest MIUI 11 firmware update for the Redmi Y2 device. It’s a Global Stable ROM based on Android 9.0 Pie. If you’re using the Redmi Y2 handset with Global ROM, then this guide is for you. Here we have shared the steps on How To Install MIUI 188.8.131.52 Global Stable ROM On Redmi Y2 (V184.108.40.206.PEFMIXM).
The update also brings the latest October 2019 Security Patch for the device that improves the system security and vulnerability fixes. You can manually download and install the firmware on your Redmi Y2 easily by following this guide below.
Xiaomi always rollout the firmware OTA updates to its devices in batches via OTA (over-the-air) that will bring most of the new features and improvements to the Redmi Y2. The update will soon arrive on the rest of the regions as well.
It comes with the software version 220.127.116.11.PEFMIXM over Android Pie. Additionally, the MIUI 11 update includes app lock, lock screen, status bar, notification shade improvements, printing service, app vault, game speed booster, tasks, quick reply, game turbo mode, nature sounds, optimized design for a full-screen display, and more.
Take a look at the changelog below:
MIUI 18.104.22.168 Global Stable ROM On Redmi Y2: Changelog
- Comprehensive design optimized for full-screen display devices
– Removing visual clutter, improving touch controls, and refining the use of color allowed us to create a system where nothing stands between you and the content
- Sounds of nature
– Wake up to the gentle sounds of nature with our new alarm ringtones
– Notification sounds won’t make you tired. Now, they keep changing dynamically, just like nature does.
– Preview your documents before you open them
– Stay productive and efficient with our all-new Mi Doc Viewer
– Print photos and files directly from your phone without installing any additional apps
- More features
– Tasks. Manage and edit your tasks in the Notes app. Receive timely notifications and mark things done.
– Quick replies. Reply to messages from any app.
– Game Turbo. Turn your device into an ultimate gaming console.
– New: Editing, sharing, and customizing your screenshots is now much easier
– Optimization: Lock screen pocket mode
– Updated Android Security Patch to October 2019. Increased system security.
- App lock
– New: Locking Google contacts is available now
– Lockscreen, status bar, Notification shade
– New: Use your fingerprint to open Home screen once you unlocked the device using face data and stayed on the Lock screen
– New: Different options for hiding the notch
– Optimization: More obvious naming for local time
– Fix: Wi-Fi page wasn’t displayed correctly
- App vault
– New: You can swipe down to view more shortcuts now
– Optimization: All-new design and UI
– Optimization: Improved the “Stocks” card
- Game speed booster
– New: Continuous swiping opens an additional menu in Game Turbo now
– New: You can create a Home screen shortcut for Game Turbo now
– Fix: Hands-free call duration wasn’t displayed correctly in Game Turbo
– Refreshed start page of Game Turbo
– Auto brightness, screenshot gestures, and Reading mode can be turned off automatically when Game Turbo is on
– A major upgrade for the toolbox in Game Turbo: autoplay and switching between data SIM cards are available now
Check OTA Updates
If your device is not rooted, then your device may have received the update. You can manually check whether the update is available in your region or not. Go to the Settings –> About Phone –> Check for Software Update. The update will be available across the globe but as it is being rolled out in a phased manner, it may take some time to be available in every region, but if you want you can manually install the latest MIUI 22.214.171.124 on your Xiaomi Redmi Y2 handset.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur on your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please DO NOT proceed.
- Have a backup of all your data just to be on the safe side if any incident happens.
- Must have the bootloader unlocked.
- USB Debugging must be enabled.
- Make sure that the device has more than 50% battery percentage.
- MIUI 126.96.36.199 Global Stable ROM for Redmi Y2 (Recovery ROM) – Download
How To Install MIUI 188.8.131.52 Global Stable ROM On Redmi Y2 [V184.108.40.206.PEFMIXM]
- Download the firmware file and save that in your device.
- Now follow the guide given below to install the ROM manually (follow the recovery ROM (zip) guide):
We hope that you’ve found this guide useful and successfully installed the latest MIUI 220.127.116.11 update on your Redmi Y2 device.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.