Here we are sharing a detailed guide which will help users to download and install the Stock ROM on Nokia X5. There are loads of benefits of having the stock ROM of an Android device. You can Fix Bootloop and Black screen issue by flashing back the stock firmware. If you are facing some software related issues, then you can flash the stock ROM to fix that. You can Unbrick and unroot your device by flashing back the stock firmware which will give you your device’s warranty back.
About Nokia X5
The Nokia X5 comes equipped with a 5.86-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 720×1520 pixels and an aspect ratio of 19:9. The device is powered by an octa-core MediaTek Helio P60 processor that features 4 cores clocked at 2GHz and 4 cores clocked at 2GHz coupled with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of ROM which can be expanded via microSD card (up to 256GB).
The Nokia X5 runs Android 8.1 Oreo out of the Box. It sports a dual rear camera setup (a 13-megapixel primary camera with an f/2.2 aperture and a second 5-megapixel camera). It features an 8-megapixel camera on the front for selfies, with an f/2.2 aperture. It houses a 3,060mAh non-removable battery.
About ROMs In Android Ecosystem
Android is an open source platform so it allows users to replace the stock ROM or re-installed the operating system with any compatible third-party ROMs. In computer language, the ROM stands for READ ONLY MEMORY that means you can not edit or delete the ROM. However, when it comes to Android there is a different meaning for the ROM. In Android, it means firmware of the device. Installing ROM on the Android device is as same as installing an operating system on a computer device.
In the Android Ecosystem, there are two types of ROMs or Firmware exists. One is Stock Firmware which is provided by the manufacturer and comes pre-installed with the device and the second one is Custom ROM which is developed by third-party developers or team. Most of the cases, Stock Firmware is more stable compared to the Custom ROMs whereas Custom ROMs provides more features and updates compared to the Stock ROM
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide so please proceed at your own risk. However, we would be happy to help about any problems within our reach
- Make sure the battery percentage is more than 60%
- Install the USB driver on your phone.
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on your computer. Guide Quickest Way To Install Android ADB and Fastboot (with drivers) on Windows or How to Install ADB and Fastboot on Mac or Linux
- Now Enable Developer option. Guide How to Enable Developer Options & USB Debugging on Android
- Create a nandroid backup on your device How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
- Download PDA-215A-0-00CN-B01 (.zip)
Steps To Install Official Nokia X Stock ROM/Firmware (Back to stock, Unbrick, Unroot and Fix Bootloop)
- First of all, make sure you have followed each and every step mentioned in the pre-requisites section
- After that, you have to download the files mentioned in the Downloads section and transfer them onto your phone
- Once you have done all the steps mentioned in the guide, your phone should be upgraded to Android Nougat
Note: Follow the linked post below, then scroll down to the bottom portion of the post. There you can find the installation part. All the steps will be the same for all Nokia phones.
Note: As the device is powered by MediaTek CPU you can use SP Flash Tool to flash the firmware manually. Guide > How to Install MediaTek Stock ROMs With SP Flash Tool (MTK Android Smartphones)
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.