If you are looking fora guide to Download and Install Stock ROM On Okayone Y2, then you are on the right post. The firmware is now uploaded to the web. It is compatible with a MediaTek ‘s MT6572 powered variant of the device. The firmware file name is Okayone_Y2_MT6572_V1_20190205_5.1.zip. The firmware is based on Android 5.1 Lollipop Mobile Os. The Firmware file is around 474 MB in size so make sure to be connected to a Wifi while downloading the file.
There are several things which make stock ROM better than Custom ROM. The stock ROMs are stable and get regular updates from the manufacturer. If there is a bug, that usually will be fixed by the next update. Stock ROMs get Google’s Latest Android Security patches via OTA updates on a regular basis which makes them much more secure than the Custom ROMs.
There are two types of ROMs in Android ecosystem. As I mentioned above one is Stock ROM or the Firmware which comes preinstalled with any Android device and the second one is Custom ROM or commonly known as ROM. Custom ROMs are developed by third-party developers for a specific device. Most of the Custom ROMs are feature-packed and fast which makes them a better alternative to the stock firmware.
Download Okayone Y2 Flash File / Stock ROM
|File Name||Download Link|
|Okayone Y2 Sock ROM (Okayone_Y2_MT6572_V1_20190205_5.1.zip)||Download|
|SPD Flash Tool||Download|
Advantages Of Okayone Y2 Stock Firmware
- Flash Stock Firmware To Unbrick your Okayone Y2.
- Flash Stock ROM to Fix the bootloop problem.
- Upgrade and Downgrade Okayone Y2.
- Unroot or Fix Bugs on your phone.
- To fix the lag or stutter on Okayone Y2.
- Revert back to stock to gain your warranty.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide so please proceed at your own risk. However, we would be happy to help with any problems within our reach
- Make sure the battery percentage is more than 60%
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on your computer. Guide Quickest Way To Install Android ADB and Fastboot (with drivers) on Windows or How to Install ADB and Fastboot on Mac or Linux
- Now Enable Developer option. Guide How to Enable Developer Options & USB Debugging on Android
- Create backup on your device How To Create Backup On Android Devices (Non-Root Users)
Okayone Y2 Stock ROM Details:
- Download Format: Zip/rar Verison
- Processor: MediaTek
- Tool Supported: SP Flash Tool
- Gapps File: Included
- Device Supported: Okayone Y2
Steps To Install Stock ROM on Okayone Y2
- First of all, make sure you have followed each and every step mentioned in the pre-requisites section
- After that, you have to download the files mentioned in the Downloads section and transfer them to your phone
- Once transferred, follow this guide from below to install the Stock Firmware/ROM on your smartphone.
- Once you have done all the steps mentioned in the guide, your phone should be booted into Stock ROM.
We assume that this guide is helpful to you. You can comment on any queries.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.