OnePlus starts rolling out stable Android 11 update to OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T users. The new software update comes with OxygenOS 11 skin at the top. Last month, the duo received the first Android 11 beta update and now a stable build has arrived.
OnePlus released the OnePlus 6 back in mid-2018 with Android 8.1 Oreo out of the box. Later that year, the company announced OnePlus 6T running Android 9 Pie. The new update comes as the third major OS upgrade for OnePlus 6 and the second for OnePlus 6T.
As per the official forum post, the phones are a new user interface (UI) with various optimizations. The OnePlus Game Space gets gaming tools box for Fnatic mode switching. It also adds a quick reply feature that lets you chat on Instagram, WhatsApp, and Telegram in a small window. Game Space also gets a new ‘mis-touch prevention’ feature.
OnePlus has updated the camera UI and optimized some of its function paths. The Ambient Display gets a new Insight clock style mode that changes according to the phone usage data. It also adds a Canvas feature that can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone.
The Dark Mode is getting a shortcut in the Quick Settings panel. Now you can set it to turn on/off automatically based on the timing. OnePlus Shelf gets a new user interface and weather widget. OnePlus is rolling out Android 11 update to OnePlus 6 and 6T in a staged fashion. So, initially it will be rolled to a limited number of users and then a broader rollout in the coming days, if no critical bugs are found. You can manually check for the latest update by navigating to Settings > System > System updates.
OnePlus 6, 6T OxygenOS 11 (Android 11) changelog:
- Updated to OxygenOS 11 version
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
- Since this is a big Android update with multiple new features, the upgrade process might be a little longer, please be more patient.
- Game Space
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only, heads up and block, just for your immersive gaming experience
- Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for Instagram, WhatsApp and Telegram (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out
- Updated the camera UI and optimized some of the function paths to offer more convenient operation
- Ambient Display
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock on ambient display)
- Newly added Canvas feature that can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone（Path: Settings – Customization – Wallpaper – Canvas – Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically）
- Dark Mode
- Added a shortcut for Dark Mode, you can pull down the Quick Settings panel and find it
- Supported automatically enable by time range (path: Settings – Display – Dark Mode – Turn on automatically – Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise / Custom time range
- Newly shelf interface design, the interface is clearer
- Added weather widget, animation effect smarter