OnePlus starts rolling out stable Android 11 update to OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T users. The new software update comes with OxygenOS 11 skin at the top. Last month, the duo received the first Android 11 beta update and now a stable build has arrived.
OnePlus released the OnePlus 6 back in mid-2018 with Android 8.1 Oreo out of the box. Later that year, the company announced OnePlus 6T running Android 9 Pie. The new update comes as the third major OS upgrade for OnePlus 6 and the second for OnePlus 6T.
As per the official forum post, the phones are a new user interface (UI) with various optimizations. The OnePlus Game Space gets gaming tools box for Fnatic mode switching. It also adds a quick reply feature that lets you chat on Instagram, WhatsApp, and Telegram in a small window. Game Space also gets a new ‘mis-touch prevention’ feature.
OnePlus has updated the camera UI and optimized some of its function paths. The Ambient Display gets a new Insight clock style mode that changes according to the phone usage data. It also adds a Canvas feature that can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone.
The Dark Mode is getting a shortcut in the Quick Settings panel. Now you can set it to turn on/off automatically based on the timing. OnePlus Shelf gets a new user interface and weather widget. OnePlus is rolling out Android 11 update to OnePlus 6 and 6T in a staged fashion. So, initially it will be rolled to a limited number of users and then a broader rollout in the coming days, if no critical bugs are found. You can manually check for the latest update by navigating to Settings > System > System updates.
OnePlus 6, 6T OxygenOS 11 (Android 11) changelog:
- Updated to OxygenOS 11 version
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
- Since this is a big Android update with multiple new features, the upgrade process might be a little longer, please be more patient.
- Game Space
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only, heads up and block, just for your immersive gaming experience
- Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for Instagram, WhatsApp and Telegram (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out
- Updated the camera UI and optimized some of the function paths to offer more convenient operation
- Ambient Display
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock on ambient display)
- Newly added Canvas feature that can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone（Path: Settings – Customization – Wallpaper – Canvas – Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically）
- Dark Mode
- Added a shortcut for Dark Mode, you can pull down the Quick Settings panel and find it
- Supported automatically enable by time range (path: Settings – Display – Dark Mode – Turn on automatically – Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise / Custom time range
- Newly shelf interface design, the interface is clearer
- Added weather widget, animation effect smarter
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.