The OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro have started receiving the latest January 2021 security patch update from the company via an OTA update.
Both the devices are receiving the OxygenOS 18.104.22.168 update. The update has brought optimizations to long screenshots, UI display effect of the notification bar. It also fixes the Twitter freezing issue and may more.
The update brings January 2021 security patch, improved call performance, and some general fixes and improvements. You can check for the update manually by heading to Settings -> System -> System update -> Check for update.
OnePlus 8 Pro and OnePlus 8 Oxygen OS 22.214.171.124
- OnePlus 8
- IN: 126.96.36.199.IN21DA
- EU: 188.8.131.52.IN21BA
- NA: 184.108.40.206.IN21AA
- OnePlus 8 Pro
- IN: 220.127.116.11.IN11DA
- EU: 18.104.22.168.IN11BA
- NA: 22.214.171.124.IN11AA
- Optimized the experience of using long screenshots
- Optimized the UI display effect of the notification bar
- Improve the stuttering problem of some tripartite applications
- Fixed the small probability issue that Twitter may freeze
- Fixed the issue that opening app split-screen may fail
- Fixed the issue of failure to switch the accent color in a small probability
- Fixed the inaccurate display of the attribution of some numbers
- Fixed known issues and improved system stability
- Updated Android security patch to 2021.01
- Fixed the issue that the video cannot be played in a small probability
- Fixed the noise issue of 5G calls
- coming soon
Steps to Install Oxygen OS 126.96.36.199 Update
Now, if in case, the update notification hasn’t arrived yet on your handset, then you should manually update the latest firmware by following the steps below.
Local Upgrade Method:
- Download the latest ROM upgrade zip package.
- Copy the ROM upgrade package to the phone storage.
- Go to device Settings -> System -> System Updates -> Tap on top right icon -> Local upgrade -> Tap on the downloaded firmware package -> Upgrade -> System upgrade completed to 100%.
- After the upgrade is complete, Tap on Restart.
- Update successful.
Keep visiting the blog for more info.