Android 12 has been the talk of the smartphone world for the past few months, with many OEMs releasing Android 12 updates for smartphones. OnePlus developers have also been working hard to come out with the Android 12-based OxygenOS 12 firmware and now it has finally started arriving for many devices.
The latest names to be added to the list are the OnePlus 9R, OnePlus 8, OnePlus 8 Pro, and OnePlus 8T as they have finally bagged the Android 12-based OxygenOS 12 updates in India and North America. The update for the OnePlus 9R will come with the build number LE2101_11.C.14 in India.
Meanwhile, the update for OnePlus 8T will come with build numbers KB2001_11.C.11 and KB2005_11.C11 in India and North America respectively. Further, the build numbers are IN2011_11.C.11 (India) and IN2015_11.C.11 for OnePlus 8 and IN2021_11.C.11 (India) and IN2025_11.C.11 (North America) for OnePlus 8 Pro.
Changelog for the stable OxygenOS 12 update
As the Android 12-based OxygenOS 12 is a major update, it’ll bring in many new features and improvements. Here is the changelog for the stable OxygenOS 12 update.
- Optimized icons with improved texture by using the designs inspired by the brand-new materials and layers
- Fixed the issue where background apps were abnormally closing in specific scenarios
- Fixed the issue of the screen where the screen wasn’t responding when receiving notifications
- Dark mode will support three adjustable levels and bring in a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- New additional style options for cards, which will make data content easier to read
- Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, which will allow you to easily search multiple contents on your device, including Settings, Apps, and Media Data
Download and install the stable OxygenOS 12 update
Many OnePlus 8, OnePlus 8 Pro, OnePlus 8T, and OnePlus 9R users in North America and India have started receiving the new OxygenOS 12 update. As this update is being rolled out via OTA, the update will reach a handful of users and a much wider release is expected to happen in the coming days. Any eligible user can manually check for the update manually by simply heading to the device’s Settings -> System -> System Updates.