A few months back, OnePlus started the Android 12-based ColorOS 12 Open Beta Program for the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro devices. In January, the Chinese OEM released the Open Beta 1 for the OnePlus 8 Series and it featured multiple important fixes and optimizations. In February, the Open Beta 2 was released for selective OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro handsets and it introduced more features and fixes.
Now, OnePlus has started rolling out the Android 12-based ColorOS 12 Open Beta 3 for the OnePlus 8, OnePlus 8T, and OnePlus 8 Pro handsets in China. The updates will come with the build number C.12 for OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro while it’ll come with build number C.16 for OnePlus 8T. The new update will come with numerous system fixes and connectivity issue fixes.
Download and install the ColorOS 12 update for OnePlus 8, OnePlus 8 Pro, and OnePlus 8T
Many OnePlus 8, OnePlus 8 Pro, and OnePlus 8T users on the OnePlus community have started reporting that they have received the new update. As this update is being rolled out via OTA, the update will reach a handful of users and a much wider release is expected to happen in the coming days. Any OnePlus 8/OnePlus 8 Pro/OnePlus 8T user can manually check for the update manually by simply heading to the device’s Settings -> System -> System Updates.
Changelog for the ColorOS 12 Open Beta 3 updates
- The new update will optimize the system performance in some scenarios, making your device run more stably
- There is optimization for scenarios where the multitasking background app was exiting abnormally
- The issue of third-party apps setting dark mode invalid has been fixed
- Fix for probabilistic face unlock failure
- The issue of incomplete display of desktop weather MD5 is fixed
- Fix for saved WLAN not connecting automatically
- Fix for the issue where after connecting the Bluetooth headset, the headset was still silent